Giambi.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:38 pm

part of the reason of suffered last year was no roids and whatever illness/virus thing he had. so basically his body was a whole lot weaker in 2004 than it was when he was on roids and now when he has had time to get healthy and hit the weights. another reason he suffered last year and early this year was mental stress. no doubt he was under a lot of pressure. you could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. i think he is finally relaxed a bit and had some time to work his body into better shape using natural means. yesterday i would have thought it inconceivable that someone in his position would still be taking roids but the whole raffy thing kind of blows that theory out of the water. still, he seemed like the only one of the bunch that acknowledged in some way he did something wrong and was determined to make an effort to put that stuff behind him.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bd3521 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:38 pm

LET MLB DO ITS JOB PEOPLE. If he was on, we would know through Selig.

Nothing to see here. :-t

The guy had a friggin TUMOR and parasites.
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:45 pm

bd3521 wrote:LET MLB DO ITS JOB PEOPLE. If he was on, we would know through Selig.

if mlb really do its job, bonds, giambi along with at least 10% of the league will be gone
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:49 pm

hongfu_chen wrote:
bd3521 wrote:LET MLB DO ITS JOB PEOPLE. If he was on, we would know through Selig.

if mlb really do its job, bonds, giambi along with at least 10% of the league will be gone

That doesn't make any sense. Current tests do not test for what they were doing last year or in years before then. Its about what they did this year, and most believe that Giambi for example isn't taking them now and thats why he's not "gone."
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:50 pm

blankman wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. Current tests do not test for what they were doing last year or in years before then. Its about what they did this year, and most believe that Giambi for example isn't taking them now and thats why he's not "gone."

Well said. Everyone needs to relax with the unsubstantiated claims. We don't know, everyone has an opinion but quite frankly none of them matter. All that matters is his drug test. Until it comes back positive, there really isn't much to discuss.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:53 pm

Don't be daft, he's not on steriods again.

Sure the roids helped him when he was in his "prime" but underneath the chemical he was still an amazing batter with an incredibly talented eye. All the roids did was offer him a little extra power and confidence. Now he's completely off the roids and he's reacclimated to hitting without them. Clearly he's in the zone.

Steroids do not make super-men. They merely give already talented hitters a slight edge.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby echizen » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:54 pm

hehe this is a guy plagued by worms last year. i just remembered reading the DL status of 'intestinal parasites' last year on yahoo. it was one of those 'wtf?' moments.

i hear that the reason why he is hitting like this is because he gave up on ball-placement and just smack the ball as hard as he could. not necessarily juice.

i can't watch NYY play cause I don't have cable, but are there any size differences in him from the beginning of the year to now?
echizen
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:55 pm

So he wasn't on roids in 04 and the years before? So what was he admitting to doing wrong in the press conference earlier this year? I don't think hes on steroids this year, he'd be a moron to be.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:58 pm

from rotoworld.com

According to Peter Gammons, Jason Giambi still is taking daily medication for last year's tumor on his thyroid and is tested for medical progress every two weeks.
For those that think his latest home run surge is ''supplementally enhanced'' a source close to Giambi denies that. The source says, ''There [are] still enough medical concerns about his condition that he can only put what they allow him into his body.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Jury » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:00 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I don't think he is, and I don't want to believe he is, but there's always a chance. Just because he hasn't gotten caught like Raffy yet, doesn't mean he won't. I really hope this is pure Giambi though, no roids.

Palmeiro got caught? when? 8-o
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers