Giambi.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Giambi....

Postby Cobra_Kai » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:55 pm

Is anyone else a little suspicious of his recent power surge? I mean...he did crap last year, couldn't hit one out of the park earlier this year if his life depended on it. Then, the Yankees are slumping, bad, and all of a sudden he weighs 245 pounds and hits a club-record HRs in the month of July.

How come nobody is talking about this? I haven't heard it mentioned in any magazines, any sports talk shows, no where. Is it really inconcievable that this guy is on the juice again?

Personally, I think the Yanks are helping him out...it's just too convenient that he has his huge surge in power right when they need it the most.

And no, there's no fantasy content here. I'm just in the mood to rant.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Drunken Rhino » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:57 pm

Very suspicious....
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Oat Soda » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:59 pm

There's no way he's juicing again. He's just suddenly clicking right now. It happens. Look at Derrek Lee.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:00 pm

It's definitely suspicious.

He may have just found the perfect concoction of flaxseed oil and bumblebee pollen and it's cured all his woes.

This link might hold the real answer, though. I posted it a couple weeks back but it's still funny...

http://www.sportspickle.com/features/vo ... iambi.html
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:05 pm

To be honest, I don't believe that he's on Steriods at the moment. If he is, I guess I just don't want to believe it.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Re: Giambi....

Postby blankman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:29 pm

Cobra_Kai wrote:Then, the Yankees are slumping, bad, and all of a sudden he weighs 245 pounds

This really hurts your argument. You're implying that he gained a ton of wait in a matter of weeks. Thats just silly.

Its well documented that Jason's been working incredibly hard in the batting cage with Mattingly all season. The batting eye and on base percentage has always been there, but after a long time of trying to get him to hit to the opposite field, Mattingly just quit that idea and told him to just hit it hard and the result is the ball going to RF nearly all the time and in Yankee Stadium, thats the power stroke.

This is just too much of a conspiracy theory for me. With a big name like Raffy getting busted, I think Jason would have as well if he were taking steriods.

Cobra_Kai wrote:And no, there's no fantasy content here. I'm just in the mood to rant.

That's why we have a Venting forum.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:32 pm

He'd be dumber then raphael palmeiro if he was juicing...he's a good player in a ball park that can barely hold 100 plb lefties
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:34 pm

I really don't think he is juicing. He is clicking right now, has a power swing and has added some natural muscle and put in some extra work. The short porch in Yankee stadium doesn't hurt, and his timing is perfect. It's legit.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby orange12 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:37 pm

Giambi would be pretty dumb to get back onto steroids after being the first major leaguer to openly admit to taking the substance. But I guess at this point, any good he does for the rest of his career will draw suspicion of steroids.
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:37 pm

I don't think he is, and I don't want to believe he is, but there's always a chance. Just because he hasn't gotten caught like Raffy yet, doesn't mean he won't. I really hope this is pure Giambi though, no roids.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers