Trying to find rules/guidelines - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Trying to find rules/guidelines

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trying to find rules/guidelines

Postby cannonarm21 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:37 am

I have a redraft league of 12 very active owners.

I am looking to start another league with the same owners, this one being a keeper league. Wondering if anybody could post their rules and guidelines for their existing league. My main concern is how the offseason is handled. How many guys are usually kept...when does a player become eligible to be drafted...how are free agents handled. Thanks in advance for any help.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:03 pm

Its pretty simple and usually the same for all leagues with only minor variations. In the first year you play the league like a normal league but expect all teams to realize it is a keeper and some players have more value than others. Then you designate how many players a manager will keep at the end of the season. During the off season they will post their keepers. You then can do an offline draft, on some kind of chat service, aim, yim, msn, etc. The players that are being kept on each persons team will not be allowed to be drafted obviously, and the players you get to pick from are people that were not kept, or free agents at the end of the season etc. After the draft, you input the picks into each persons team, assuming you use Yahoo Fantasy Sports. The free agents are the players that went undrafted and they can be picked up like a regular league. I have been in a keeper the last 5 years and ever since i started playing fantasy baseball, so if you have anymore questions, ask away.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cannonarm21 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:18 pm

Thank you for taking the time to post that, I appreciate it.
I guess my main question is...when do players that are playing in the minors become available to draft?

Ex.- Rickie Weeks and Prince Fielder were called up by the Brewers this year. At that point of call up, they sit on waivers in Yahoo. Is that when they become eligible to be picked up? Or could a player like Weeks or Fielder be drafted at the beginning of the season, in anticipation of their call up?

In most keeper leagues, are you usually able to keep ANYBODY on your roster, or is the number usually set?
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby longlosers » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:45 pm

For the minors rule, we follwo that if they are on our Service (yahoo) then they are able to be added to your team and can eb kept. Then you don't have any arguments
longlosers
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Ryno League Keeper Rules

Postby bzoo2000 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:12 pm

Let's see if this is useful for you:

http://www.geocities.com/kencarignan/Constitution.html
"Never bet on baseball" - Pete Rose
bzoo2000
T-Ball Trainer