Red Sox closing situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Red Sox closing situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Red Sox closing situation

Postby fiz » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:17 am

With the Sox not trading for a closer, and Schilling itching to get back into the starting rotation, what do y'all think about the closing situation there? When will Schilling get back into the rotation and will Timlin be the guy since Foulke is still out?
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:37 am

Schillings the closer until Foulke comes back, I heard Theo talking about Foulke yesterday and said he's ahead of schedule and looking real good again. I have no idea when Foulke will be back but Schilling will close until he returns. ;-D
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Chicago RedSox » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:00 pm

There is still talk about going for Wagner before the waiver/trade deadline thing. I'm not sure I have faith in Foulke anymore.
Timlin has been getting lots of rest lately. He might be the closer for near the end of the season. Foulke might be in a setup role.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby uucrook3d » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:09 pm

foulke will have the closer role when he comes back and he will be fine. timlin will setup. schill will start. nobody is losing their job just yet
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BuckeyeSal » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:18 pm

I don't think the Phils are going to move Wagner. They think they still have a shot.
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rlee » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:27 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:There is still talk about going for Wagner before the waiver/trade deadline thing. I'm not sure I have faith in Foulke anymore.
Timlin has been getting lots of rest lately. He might be the closer for near the end of the season. Foulke might be in a setup role.

How in the world would the Red Sox expect to get Wagner passt the Yankees on waivers? X-I X-I
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby blankman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:20 pm

rlee wrote:
Chicago RedSox wrote:There is still talk about going for Wagner before the waiver/trade deadline thing. I'm not sure I have faith in Foulke anymore.

How in the world would the Red Sox expect to get Wagner passt the Yankees on waivers? X-I X-I

Or any number of other teams :-?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:41 pm

uucrook3d wrote:foulke will have the closer role when he comes back and he will be fine. timlin will setup. schill will start. nobody is losing their job just yet

link???
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TonyCee » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:49 pm

Rotoworld:

Latest News Aug. 3, 2005 - 12:45 pm et

Manager Terry Francona on WEEI radio confirmed that Keith Foulke will be immediately inserted back into the closer role when he comes off the DL.
With Curt Schilling itching to get back into the rotation this makes sense. Foulke will soon throw off a mound, then throw BP, then a simulated game and finally a short rehab stint(although Foulke has said he won't go on a rehab stint). The target is still the third week of August.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers