www.firechucklamar.com - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

www.firechucklamar.com

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

www.firechucklamar.com

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:22 pm

It is available if any savvy Rays fan with some time on their hands wants to make it happen. :-B
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:09 am

i feel your pain,,, but i would much prefer if Vincent Joseph Naimoli would relinquish his stake in the team......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:50 am

I agree . . . but http://www.relinquishownershipinterestnaimoli.com is too long to type. :-D

There needs to be a floor on team payroll in baseball. It just stinks that TB can't be forced to spend some of the revenue sharing on keeping players. I just fear the Rays have become the Clippers of MLB - and owner who cares more about profit than even making it to .500. :,-(
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:47 pm

i agree that our owner sux..... he is more interested in making cash then in having a good team on the field.... as a business major, i understand him not wanting to lose money as well,,,,, but he just dont get it----- u win games,, fans come to watch,,, fans spend money,,,, owner makes more money......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:41 am

You are so right. I have always advocated that owners are businessmen first and have every right to try and make a profit with the team. However, to some extent, I would like MLB to maybe cap the profit you can make. Maybe the cap can increase as your revenues increase.

That said, you are also right that he fails to understand that with a better team, people get more excited and are more willing to come to a game, but stuff, etc. when they think the team is trying. I know personally that while I love baseball as a whole, I've only been to a few games this year. Why should I spend money when I know that doing so won't help the team, it'll only increase the owner's profit?

Based on the national TV and XM contracts, revenue sharing, and even the 1M tickets sold, there is no way the Rays are making less than $30M in revenue - yet that is the level of team spending on players. If they are bringing in $50M, and spending $30M, while another team (say the Braves), are making $90M and spending $80M, then something is wrong and I'd hope MLB, in addition to slowing teams like the Yankees and Red Sox down, will also cause teams like the Rays to pick it up. It sure would be fun to pull for a team that is at least trying to win rather than acting as a major league farm team trying to turn the biggest profit possible.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby warrick95 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:29 pm

Ownership is bad.
Fanbase is bad.
Manager is bad.
General manager is bad.

Sigh...
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:01 am

At least we can beat the Yanks. :-)
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:13 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:At least we can beat the Yanks. :-)

You guys should be real proud of that. :-b ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:08 am

And after this weekend, we'll be 10-9 against the Jays. ;-)
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:29 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:And after this weekend, we'll be 10-9 against the Jays. ;-)

You must have seen a shooting star and wished that. Because with or without it, it's not gonna happen. B-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Tampa Bay Rays