Should I buy an I-Pod? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Should I buy an I-Pod?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:59 am

KPucks wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:hmm..... They don't really sell below price that often.....I just bought my Dad a 20 gb Color.....I have 20gb not color (ahh who cares, but I'm jealus of the pics you can put on) I say that getting a 20 gb is the way to go.....not too much space and not too little. I hover around 200 songs so it depends how many you have..The Color 20 GB is $ 300.. My neighbor told me how he got his $30 cheap because he got an iPod at Best Buy when they had a big sale....I don't know if this helps, but good luck.

Why would you buy a 20GB IPod if you're only going to put 200 songs on it? You can get 1,000 on the 4GB IPod Minis.

:-D It was a typo.... I meant I have around 2000....

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jzfran » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:07 am

One question though: Can I use Limewire and ge the songs onto the mp3 player? If so, how would I do this?
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:48 pm

jzfran wrote:One question though: Can I use Limewire and ge the songs onto the mp3 player? If so, how would I do this?

I assume your mp3 player will come with software, something like how iTunes is used to transfer mp3s to an iPod. If there is no software, then you might be able to transfer songs directly through My Computer.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:06 pm

Buying the H10 5GB for $200
Thanks to this thread ;-D
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:41 pm

bleach168 wrote:30 Gigs, eh? Call me crazy, but I doubt you have 30 gigs of music lying around.

To maximize your enjoyment, I recommend Napster to go. It's a monthly service that allows you unlimited downloads. It works with the Creative Zen players. Selection is decent at 1 million songs. I believe Metallica has pulled from it though, so selection isn't perfect.

I'm a very happy owner of a 20 gig Ipod btw. The look, small size, and neat accesories won me over. Biggest drawback is that it isn't compatible with Napster to go.

Here is the best way to maximize your enjoyment: download them for free! Then you know you are sticking it to the man! (Its the RIAAs fault anyways for jacking up the price of CDs, a far cheaper medium than casettes. They should pay for their foolishness.)
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:14 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
bleach168 wrote:30 Gigs, eh? Call me crazy, but I doubt you have 30 gigs of music lying around.

To maximize your enjoyment, I recommend Napster to go. It's a monthly service that allows you unlimited downloads. It works with the Creative Zen players. Selection is decent at 1 million songs. I believe Metallica has pulled from it though, so selection isn't perfect.

I'm a very happy owner of a 20 gig Ipod btw. The look, small size, and neat accesories won me over. Biggest drawback is that it isn't compatible with Napster to go.

Here is the best way to maximize your enjoyment: download them for free! Then you know you are sticking it to the man! (Its the RIAAs fault anyways for jacking up the price of CDs, a far cheaper medium than casettes. They should pay for their foolishness.)

If you know a good place to pirate mp3's let me know :-D

I try to use bit torrent as much as I can but the selection is dreadful. It doesn't compare to Napster which already doesn't compare to Itunes.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:38 pm

I'll have to ask one of my friends what he uses. I believe he uses Limewire Pro (no, he didn't pay for it, theres an exploit out there, I'll see if he remembers how to do it :-b )
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:58 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:I'll have to ask one of my friends what he uses. I believe he uses Limewire Pro (no, he didn't pay for it, theres an exploit out there, I'll see if he remembers how to do it :-b )

Limewire Pro is king. ;-D

Cubsfan, your new sig is amazing 8-o ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RynMan » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:37 pm

Are u guys aware that LimeWire injects spyware into your computer?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Rirruto » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:28 am

RynMan wrote:Are u guys aware that LimeWire injects spyware into your computer?

Actually it doesn't, at least the new version doesn't. I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D after installing it and everything was clean.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk