Should I buy an I-Pod? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Should I buy an I-Pod?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:30 pm

I had a Zen Creative 40GB. It's ultra-durable, but the software broke within 6 months.

Buyer beware.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:31 pm

Buy a creative or IRiver on Ebay for way cheap...IPODS = MTV Hyped RIpoff
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:09 pm

Get the Creative that plays movies and stuff too. Its freakin sick, my friend has it and we just watch Chappelle show all class. ;-D

But seriously, i have an i pod mini and it holds a good number of songs, but id advise you to go with the cheaper priced audio players but they have the same amount of space. Plus the I Pod's break quite a bit, the battery is always screwed up and if you get dirt in the click wheel it really is annoying as sometimes it will not work or work very slowly, but overall i pods are good without those annoyances. Id either buy a Creative or I River or grab the 5 GB when it comes out, there is not that much difference between all of them cept for price.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mets4Life » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:43 pm

theskaboss wrote:
Mets4Life wrote:
blankman wrote:I never understood the fascination with iPods. A total rip off if you ask me.

Agreed.

Personally, I love these/this company

http://iriveramerica.com/prod/hd/

Dude, how is that any less of a rip-off, the 20GB are $300 also.... :-?

EDIT: I have an iriver 256 MB player, and the thing broke within the first year...

I don't consider it to be a ripoff, plus my brother, my friend, and I have all had good experiences with their products
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KPucks » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:39 pm

LooseCannon wrote:hmm..... They don't really sell below price that often.....I just bought my Dad a 20 gb Color.....I have 20gb not color (ahh who cares, but I'm jealus of the pics you can put on) I say that getting a 20 gb is the way to go.....not too much space and not too little. I hover around 200 songs so it depends how many you have..The Color 20 GB is $ 300.. My neighbor told me how he got his $30 cheap because he got an iPod at Best Buy when they had a big sale....I don't know if this helps, but good luck.

Why would you buy a 20GB IPod if you're only going to put 200 songs on it? You can get 1,000 on the 4GB IPod Minis.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby HiddenIdentity » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:22 pm

KPucks wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:hmm..... They don't really sell below price that often.....I just bought my Dad a 20 gb Color.....I have 20gb not color (ahh who cares, but I'm jealus of the pics you can put on) I say that getting a 20 gb is the way to go.....not too much space and not too little. I hover around 200 songs so it depends how many you have..The Color 20 GB is $ 300.. My neighbor told me how he got his $30 cheap because he got an iPod at Best Buy when they had a big sale....I don't know if this helps, but good luck.

Why would you buy a 20GB IPod if you're only going to put 200 songs on it? You can get 1,000 on the 4GB IPod Minis.

Thats what I was wondering...
A 1GB would be more than enough for 200songs..I fit 130ish on my 512mb :-?
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:07 am

jzfran wrote:Madison, I'm only working for about 6 or 8 weeks total for the summer. Thats where the #s came from. Once school starts up again, I am out of a job.

Ah, gotcha now. Details are important!!!! :-b

No idea about an IPod though, I just use my portable MP3 player (about the size of a cigarette lighter and sits in my pocket) with headphones and I'm good to go. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jzfran » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:53 am

What does anyone have to say about a Creative Zen player? Their 20 GB is only about $230 I think on new egg (thanks for the link--grea deals).
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jzfran » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:27 pm

Thanks to SaintsOfTheDiamond for telling me about the NewEgg website. I purchased a 30 GB mp3 player made by Creative Zen for $187.99 and it comes with an additional $30 rebate if purchased before August 8. This site has tons of great deals...I recommend it to anyone looking for any kind of electronics. Thanks for everyone's help!
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bleach168 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:18 pm

30 Gigs, eh? Call me crazy, but I doubt you have 30 gigs of music lying around.

To maximize your enjoyment, I recommend Napster to go. It's a monthly service that allows you unlimited downloads. It works with the Creative Zen players. Selection is decent at 1 million songs. I believe Metallica has pulled from it though, so selection isn't perfect.

I'm a very happy owner of a 20 gig Ipod btw. The look, small size, and neat accesories won me over. Biggest drawback is that it isn't compatible with Napster to go.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk