Baez? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baez?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:19 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Sorry, but in no way can Beaz still be on the Tampa roster. It would be a stupid move for the GM to make. He's worth nothing when he leaves, and he will leave, and Tamps in no way are contending. If he didn't trade Beaz he should be fired right now.

the drays do hold a 4 million dollar option for 2006.... so he is just as easily tradeable in the offseason,,, or even next july......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:52 pm

A $4M option? I didn't realize that it was that high. That's a pretty risky proposition for a reliever who most teams would view as a setup man. Maybe TB does lose him in the off-season.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:17 pm

Nearly every player in MLB will be placed on waivers tomorrow. If Baez clears, I can still see him being dealt in the next month.

The Mariners hold a team option for Guardado for next year, I believe $6 mil. They won't exercise it. He has a player option to return for $4.5 mil. He will exercise it. There might yet be a trade, but probably not until the offseason.

RSoriano had a tight shoulder setback in rehab (NOT the TJ elbow :-°) and they've shut him down. I wouldn't expect him in the majors this season, though he's still a nice keeper get.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:20 pm

Baez woud not clear waivers. Not for 1/3 of 4M for 05. A team could claim him and not pick up his option if they wanted to avoid the long term cost. And way too many teams nead a decent arm in the pen. Guradado wil not clear either imo.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby warrick95 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:47 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Baez woud not clear waivers. Not for 1/3 of 4M for 05. A team could claim him and not pick up his option if they wanted to avoid the long term cost. And way too many teams nead a decent arm in the pen. Guradado wil not clear either imo.

I agree. It was completely foolish for us not to take an offer. From what I've gathered, it appears like the Mets were willing to part with Petit and the Sox were willing to deal McCarthy and another prospect for Baez and Huff. I wonder what LaMar's preposterous prices were?
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:52 pm

I don't know for sure but I'd like to believe that Omar was not offering Petit for just Baez. And if he was what was LaMarr smoking that he didn't except? I think Occam's Razor applies here. The Mets were not offering Petit for Baez because if they were it would have gotten done.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:56 pm

Amazinz wrote:I think Occam's Razor applies here. The Mets were not offering Petit for Baez because if they were it would have gotten done.

i agree.... i dont think lamar is crazy enough to pass on that deal if it was offered......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers