Random Padres Thoughts I Think That I Think... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to San Diego Padres

Random Padres Thoughts I Think That I Think...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Random Padres Thoughts I Think That I Think...

Postby davidmarver » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:17 pm

The thread for all my miniscule Padres thoughts (and anyone else's for that matter).

Damian Jackson should be batting leadoff, not Eric Young today. Not only is Jackson faster, but he's been hitting much better this season. I can't really see a reason for Young being leadoff and not Jackson.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:51 pm

Young, thus far, has seen 2 pitches in two at-bats. He may have doubled, but that's not necessarily his job, as leadoff (Damian also got a hit).
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:27 pm

I Think That I Think... :-o

as in you are not sure?

I agree Damian should be batting leadoff today ...

This whole team is due for a shakeup, to be honest. They can't keep taking the field like this. Nevin is gone, Burroughs is gone and we still can't produce.

at this point I am ready to tear somethings head off ... :-[ }:-) }:-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby davidmarver » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:05 pm

The I think that I think is a spoof on that one sportswriter whose name seems to be eluding my tongue at the moment.

I don't think moving Nevin was the move we needed. He was our vocal leader...moving him when we're struggling as bad as we are isn't that great of an idea.

I think most of our offensive problems stem with the fact that Bochy has not used the same lineup on back-to-back days in months. How can he expect them to produce without some sort of camaraderie?

The most pitiful thing that has happened is the fact that Pedro Astacio has somehow gotten a pitching job on, what was, a division leader. Did they honestly expect him to pitch even respectably 50% of the time, because that is just straight foolish.

David Ross, Miguel Olivo, Joe Randa, Chan Ho Park, Paul Quantrill for Phil Nevin, Geoff Blum, Tim Redding, Darrell May, JJ Furmaniak (who can hit better than Ross and Olivo), Justin Germano (who is better than Astacio, far and away), Travis Chick and Miguel Ojeda isn't exactly a collective swap that will change much. I may like Randa, but Germano could have helped out in place of Astacio, so the trade isn't that prosperous.

A big thumbs down for Towers...we needed more. :-t
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:32 pm

Thank God we don't have a game today...at least we can't lose.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:47 pm

Bochy better use the same exact lineup as he used yesterday, with, possibly, a Nady/Sweeney swap at first. Besides that, we have to keep the winning formula in there, something Bochy seemed reluctant to do in June/July.

The Breslow kid looked decent yesterday and in past games; his stuff appears to be mid/upper 90's (jumps out) but only clocks at 90-91. Nice deception from a left-hander...something we need with Hammond out.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:53 pm

Tim Stauffer is certainly better than Pedro Astacio or Chan Ho Park. Stauffer had two bad starts in a row and that gets him the boot over these two failures? Psh.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:23 am

The fact the Padres missed Duke against the Pirates and now get to miss Patterson against the Nationals is certainly a nice break, something we haven't recieved in awhile.

Olivo looks good thus far, although it is in very limited time; I do wonder if Towers found a possible Hernandez replacement here...a cheap, powerful, defensive catcher is certainly suitable for me if it allows Giles to come back.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:31 pm

Olivo has been playing great, but his K/BB rate isn't a great indicator for the future. However, wow does he have an arm and he homers quite frequently. My jury is still out on him.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:02 am

For the love of God start Mark Sweeney. Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to San Diego Padres