Lawton to Cubs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lawton to Cubs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:46 pm

Hadn't seen Lawtons Wrigley numbers posted here anywhere ...
while it is too small a sample size to make any determination, he also didn't have Lee and Aramis batting behind him.
Wrigley Field
<pre>AB R H 2B HR RBI AVG OPS
37 1 12 3 0 3 0.324 0.837 </pre>
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:51 pm

wrveres wrote:Hadn't seen Lawtons Wrigley numbers posted here anywhere ...
while it is too small a sample size to make any determination, he also didn't have Lee and Aramis batting behind him.
Wrigley Field
37 1 12 3 0 3 0.324 0.837 </pre>

Thanks WR, I hadn't seen those numbers ;-D

The Pirates have basically been our 2nd Minor League system the past few years. Got ARam and Lofton in 03 that helped us make the playoffs and hopefully Lawton can do the same this year.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:11 pm

wrveres wrote:
Invictus wrote: Thanks Pirates :) we'll treat him well. ;-D

YTF do the Pirates keep doing this?
do they not realize that they actually have to play against the Cubs 20 times a year?
Aramis Ramírez vs. PIT since the trade ...
126 32 40 8 12 30 0.317 1.078</pre>

Maybe Selig should contract the Bucs due to stupidity.
This is almost as bad as LA paying Shawn Green to play for Arizona :-o

THANK YOU! Thats what I am screaming!
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:58 pm

Invictus wrote:If im dissapointed about one thing in this deal, it's that matt Murton gets stuck one. He's been relegated to the bench for hitting around .440 and having an obp of +.500. I hope he still get's a spot start for bernie or someone. Anyone else notice how Patterson has really just lost his place in the outfield? With Lawton in here now, we've filled our holes in the OF for the most part. Thanks Pirates :) we'll treat him well. ;-D

With Lawton doing leadoff duties now and center, and Murton so hot, I don't know why you wouldn't play him. Its not like Hairston is tearing the cover off the ball.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RAmst23 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:14 pm

This is great for the Cubs as it was a basic gave up very little to get something good. No serious prospects were taken by the Pirates in this deal? The Cubs have a rich farm system, and the Bucs couldn't nab one decent prospect for this deal? Ouch.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Invictus » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:00 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Invictus wrote:If im dissapointed about one thing in this deal, it's that matt Murton gets stuck one. He's been relegated to the bench for hitting around .440 and having an obp of +.500. I hope he still get's a spot start for bernie or someone. Anyone else notice how Patterson has really just lost his place in the outfield? With Lawton in here now, we've filled our holes in the OF for the most part. Thanks Pirates :) we'll treat him well. ;-D

With Lawton doing leadoff duties now and center, and Murton so hot, I don't know why you wouldn't play him. Its not like Hairston is tearing the cover off the ball.

all i can hope is that dusty agrees ;-D (i heard lawton was moving to left, not center? can anyone confirm WHICH spot he will be playing?)
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:05 am

Nice for the Cubs, not so great for the Pirates....considering the teams after OF help....would have thought a better deal were possible.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:05 am

Invictus wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

all i can hope is that dusty agrees ;-D (i heard lawton was moving to left, not center? can anyone confirm WHICH spot he will be playing?)

I don't think anyone knows for sure, I would guess he would play mostly left however. Like I said earlier I'm not sure if he has the range to play CF.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:41 am

RynMan wrote:Nice for the Cubs, not so great for the Pirates....considering the teams after OF help....would have thought a better deal were possible.

And I'll guarantee Dave Littlefield tried and wanted too much from everyone. :-[

Once again, the Cubs hose us pretty good. :,-( The problem is that the Pirates are perennially painted into a corner. If they ask for good players/prospects, the teams decide they don't need the guy. Those teams know that the Pirates can't/won't resign these players to huge contracts next year, so the Pirates will take whatever they can get.

I'm sure the Cubs named their own price for Lawton, and they didn't give up anything they wanted badly.

We're the Priceline of MLB!!! Get William Shatner into town. ;-7
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:01 am

Mercer Boy wrote:We're the Priceline of MLB!!! Get William Shatner into town. ;-7

LMAO

I got a good giggle out of that. ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

PreviousNext