Manny still a Gangster - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Manny still a Gangster

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:15 pm

nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:And his numbers still are't as good as "pretty boy" Alex Rodriguez :-)

What's this have to do with A-Rod? I didn't see him mentioned anywhere.

Hmm...a joke?

Labelling Manny a gangster is silly; then saying his numbers are like a gangster. The joke pokes fun of the notion that his numbers make him a gangster when someone with better numbers is deemed a pretty boy. I can't believe I had to explain that to you.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:19 pm

Alright I got it now. Alex gets bashed for being a "pretty boy" and now that Manny is being called a "gangster", this is your chance to get a shot in at people. Got it now.

Just thought you were reaching for something that wasn't there in an effort to get a shot in at somebody.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Matthias » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:23 pm

blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:And his numbers still are't as good as "pretty boy" Alex Rodriguez :-)

Hmm...a joke?

Labelling Manny a gangster is silly; then saying his numbers are like a gangster. The joke pokes fun of the notion that his numbers make him a gangster when someone with better numbers is deemed a pretty boy. I can't believe I had to explain that to you.

actually, i thought rodriguez was deemed more of a choke artist. or the "payton manning of the mlb" (great reg. season #s and then in the postseason... hey... around my neck... ack... gag!!! gag!!!) (although i always thought of him as the kevin millar of the yankees... millar hits about .9978 with bases empty in a 10-0 game but about -0.752 if there's someone on base, in a tie game, that the red sox actually care about).

but if you want to think of rodriguez as a pretty boy... well... who am i to argue.

and manny can be all the gangsta his bad self believes him to be. the man can outright hit.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:29 pm

Let's not make this a Manny vs. Alex thread ok guys? ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Rirruto » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:36 pm

I'm baaaack
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:49 pm

Matthias wrote:
blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:

Hmm...a joke?

actually, i thought rodriguez was deemed more of a choke artist. or the "payton manning of the mlb" (great reg. season #s and then in the postseason... hey... around my neck... ack... gag!!! gag!!!) (although i always thought of him as the kevin millar of the yankees... millar hits about .9978 with bases empty in a 10-0 game but about -0.752 if there's someone on base, in a tie game, that the red sox actually care about).

but if you want to think of rodriguez as a pretty boy... well... who am i to argue.

and manny can be all the gangsta his bad self believes him to be. the man can outright hit.

Its almost funny as you follow me around the Cafe attempting to make fun of me, then send PM's about you pissing "on" Yankee Stadium and calling me a "spindless turd." Real mature.

Eventually, this needed to be said.

Glad ns got the joke ;-D
Last edited by blankman on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AT » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:46 pm

I hear you Manny. I'm a gangster too. Thanks for being an absolute machine save for April this season. You can call yourself whatever the F#@& you want for all I care.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jivedude » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:52 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I hear you Manny. I'm a gangster too. Thanks for being an absolute machine save for April this season. You can call yourself whatever the F#@& you want for all I care.

How about " The Gangster of Glove"? :-D
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Simulacrum » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:12 pm

Reading that quote I'm reminded of Michael Bolton from Office Space riding to work listening to "Damn it feels good to be a gangster" with the windows rolled up :-)
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:46 pm

nsulham wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Yeah well given the fact that he has had issues with Schilling who everyone including Damon seems to hate and Millar, the admitted a**hole clown of the team, you have to wonder who really has the problem up there.

The man has 90 rbis at the break, does his job and they give him sh*t about it. Now whether that warrants Manny asking for a trade is anyone's guess, but if I had someone like Manny in LF hitting a ton, I would just leave the guy alone and let him do whatever he wants as long as he does not go around blowing things up or something. So he is a little spacey...so what?

Normally I would agree with this but when your manager comes up to you and asks you to play, when the team is already shorthanded because of injuries, and you decline, plain and simple you're being selfish and showing up your teammates who go out there and put it on the line.

With that said though he DID deliver the game-winning pinch hit RBI so all is well...for tonight anyway.

Supposedly that's not how it went down. Manny didn't know that they WANTED him to play. They just asked if he still wanted his day off, and he said sure. Apparently he didn't know they were shorthanded. If it were anyone else I wouldn't believe that excuse, but with Manny, it's highly possible.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers