Postby Madison » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:39 am

hongfu_chen wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
perlick29 wrote:18

:-D

:-?

I was just basically saying that they don't really verify that stuff on many sites.

EXACTLY :-B

They do when you cash out. ;-)

You want an example of what really happens? Here you go:

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1977&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=checks&start=0

That's from November of last year (I used this one simply because it's a good read and has responses from user "Gaming Club Poker" which is a representative of The Gaming Club), but I can find you plenty of examples of where poker sites verified all information and made the members jump through hoop after hoop. They do check and they do verify everything.

Oh, and for anyone who reads the 3 1/2 pages in the link, I did play at TGC and made a nice chunk of change. I still have an account with them. Customer service is solid and the site is pretty good. Overall I give them a solid review other than the excuse they use for the random security checks, but if you read the link, you'll understand why. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:29 am

Madison wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

I was just basically saying that they don't really verify that stuff on many sites.

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1977&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=checks&start=0

That's from November of last year (I used this one simply because it's a good read and has responses from user "Gaming Club Poker" which is a representative of The Gaming Club), but I can find you plenty of examples of where poker sites verified all information and made the members jump through hoop after hoop. They do check and they do verify everything.

Oh, and for anyone who reads the 3 1/2 pages in the link, I did play at TGC and made a nice chunk of change. I still have an account with them. Customer service is solid and the site is pretty good. Overall I give them a solid review other than the excuse they use for the random security checks, but if you read the link, you'll understand why. ;-)

I just read every page. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:47 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Read all of it and no comments? :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:45 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Read all of it and no comments? :-D

Not really. I pretty much agree with you. The guy from that site seemed to act like he was helping but he didn't do much. I would much rather wait a little to get signed up for a legit site than have to wait a while until they were able to get me my $$.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby eftda » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:29 pm

Madison, I was thinking poker stars. Should I try somewhere else?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:34 pm

eftda wrote:Madison, I was thinking poker stars. Should I try somewhere else?

I'd go with Pokerstars. I plan on buying in there myself in the next few weeks.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:26 am

eftda wrote:Madison, I was thinking poker stars. Should I try somewhere else?

Stars is a solid site and has basically anything you could want. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to General Talk