DREW AND BENITEZ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

DREW AND BENITEZ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DREW AND BENITEZ

Postby ebrage » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:32 pm

Have not heard anything recently about their returns, I really need Drew to get back. Any help?
ebrage
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:32 pm

This is the last I read about Drew from Yahoo's player notes:

Jul 27 Dodgers.MLB.com's Mark Thoma reports Los Angeles Dodgers OF J.D. Drew (wrist) is slow to heal from his broken wrist. Doctors said there's a 60 percent chance the wrist will not heal correctly and ligaments would be at risk of coming detached from the bone. "It doesn't feel good," Drew said. "Slow progress now, mobility and trying to get your strength back."

Sounds to me like you shouldn't depend on him getting back and being productive this year -- he might return, but don't hold your breath given his track record. I own him in my dynasty-like keeper league and have basically given up on his return now, expecting to just keep him in my DL slot. Picked up Swisher a month ago to be his replacement at RF. If nobody else is available, you might want to grab Francoeur to fill in for you until he eventually cools off.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby checkers » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:55 am

The Contra Costa Times reports that Armando Benitez (P) SF is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment on Monday, as he continues to recover from a surgically repaired hamstring. His next appearance should come Wednesday.
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:22 am

J.D. Drew (wrist) is slow to heal from his broken wrist.
Drew slow to heal? 8-o That doesn't sound like him at all. ;-7
Last edited by Pogotheostrich on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby rocky123 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:09 pm

I can't believe this guy is actually going to pitch already:

Armando Benitez will pitch his first game tonight since tearing his hamstring in April.
He seems to be ahead of schedule and tonight's outing for Single-A San Jose will be a big step for Benitez. Trainer Stan Conte thinks there's a chance he'll be back by the end of August. ''Possibly,'' Conte said of Benitez, who wasn't expected back until September. ''It could be a bonus. We're not trying to break any records to get him ready. We'll see how his rehab games go.'' Aug. 1 - 11:12 am et
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates