Thunder Matt Murton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Chicago Cubs

Thunder Matt Murton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:58 pm

ThatDude wrote:I hate to say it, considering how high I was on him when the season started, but I'm starting to sour a little on Murton. He's just not hitting righties, and 150-something AB's against them is a plenty big enough sample size to start to worry me.

With this season being over, I'd like to see him starting against every righty he can, just to see if he can figure them out with some more looks. If not, there needs to be a move made to get a platoon partner for LF for next year.

Why do that when you could just bench him for Phil Nevin? ;-7

I agree that Murton needs to pick it up with righties. I also believe that the inept coaching staff for the Cubs won't help him. And lastly, Phil Nevin is now 2-for-18 (.111) since starting in LF. Murton may be struggling, but he still hits better than Phat Bastard Phil.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ThatDude » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:13 am

ironman wrote:
ThatDude wrote:I hate to say it, considering how high I was on him when the season started, but I'm starting to sour a little on Murton. He's just not hitting righties, and 150-something AB's against them is a plenty big enough sample size to start to worry me.

With this season being over, I'd like to see him starting against every righty he can, just to see if he can figure them out with some more looks. If not, there needs to be a move made to get a platoon partner for LF for next year.

Why do that when you could just bench him for Phil Nevin? ;-7

I agree that Murton needs to pick it up with righties. I also believe that the inept coaching staff for the Cubs won't help him. And lastly, Phil Nevin is now 2-for-18 (.111) since starting in LF. Murton may be struggling, but he still hits better than Phat Bastard Phil.

Well, Nevin is clearly a key component to the future of the franchise, so he has to get some AB's somewhere. Just like Neifi.

But I wasn't really looking to pick exclusively on Murton, cause there's still some upside there. The entire OF needs alot of work, and throwing $13M at Carlos Lee for 5 years isn't going to fix the problems. I would be more disgusted to see Carlos Lee in a Cub jersey next year than I would Dusty.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Chicago Cubs