Conor Jackson or Prince in 2006? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Conor Jackson or Prince in 2006? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Conor Jackson or Prince in 2006? WHIR

Postby bigken117 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:28 am

I have a couple bench spots in my keeper being wasted by Bret Boone and Dave Roberts...Prince was just dropped, and Jackson added today. Which should I use my waiver on (#10 of 18)? Regardless, I hope to get both if one clears waivers, but which one should I claim? I think maybe Jackson because at least he's playing. :-?

I like Jackson...a lot (.350, 38 doubles...filthy). But Prince is Prince. Do the Brewers ship Overbay out and make room for that mammoth bat this winter?

I know there is a waiver forum, and I will post this there also, but since this involves minor leaguers I thought this would be a good forum as well. Since I am a frequent contributor to the Minor League Forum, I hope I don't get in trouble ;-)

Thanks ;-D
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:10 am

for 2006 i would probably want conor or at least until prince is guaranteed some kind of PT... with his princes struggles the last month or so though,,,, i am a little more weary of how much playing time prince will get next year.... he may be more of mid season call up for the brewers instead of a begin the year player.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:54 am

I say Prince. The MIL GM has talked about it is easier to get full value for a hitter during the off-season vs. in a mid-season trade. Not to mention, there was talk with Overbay moving to the OF. While Prince has not torn up AAA, he's done pretty well for a 21 y/o, and I think with Weeks and Hardy already up, MIL will continue to make their transition to the youngsters next year. Heck, they let Hardy play even with all of his struggles, and it isn't like Fielder stunk in his call-up.

As for Jackson, ARI still has to figure out what to do with Tracy, Clark and Quentin, and trading one of Green, Gonzo or Glaus is not an option - and none of these guys would be a natural CF. So, while I think Jackson is in ARI next year, unless they get rid of several guys, his PT would appear to be more sporadic.

Plus, on pure upside alone, IMHO, Prince has the highest upside. Not sure how long it will take him to get there, and not sure how long you can keep him, but for those reasons, I'd take Prince.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby theclefe » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:47 pm

I assume it is a keeper because neither is worth a waiver this year.

Take Fielder, spend the waiver. He won't give you much this year, and maybe not top production next year, but he has better upside. and should be a top 5 guy at first.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball