100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano to the TWINS?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano to the TWINS?

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:26 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/332832p-284430c.html

9th paragraph, sentence 4

The Rangers appeared near a deal that would ship Soriano to the Twins for a package including Kyle Lohse.

;-D :-D :-b B-) :-) :-B 8-o

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:28 am

Get Soriano and dump Lohse all in all swoop? Sounds pretty good for the Twins, if you ask me.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:49 am

sounds good for the twins that is for sure,,,,, but one thing,,, does not sound like the Twins of the past that are surely not big spenders......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:51 am

Considering Scott Baker is already better than Lohse, Silva AND Mays, any move to get him in the rotation is a good move IMO.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:33 am

There has to be much, much more if this trade would happen. Lohse isn't very good. If I were the Rangers, I would absolutely have to have either Scott Baker or Francisco Liriano, plus some other pretty good prospect, and if it has to be that way take Lohse as a throw-in. That's just my opinion, though.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rocky123 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:38 am

What I want to know is who takes over at second base in that sick lineup if this trade goes down(which I doubt it will anyway).
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:59 am

rocky123 wrote:What I want to know is who takes over at second base in that sick lineup if this trade goes down(which I doubt it will anyway).

I know that Blalock has experience at second base and teixeira has some experience at third, so my guess would be that Nevin plays first, Blalock at second, Young at SS, and Tex at 3rd. It doesn't sound all that bad for the Rangers, and this could possibly be why they got Nevin. Wow, I would love for Blalock to have 2B eligibility!
mtryanks12
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Music2004Man » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:14 am

Blalock with 2b elig. would be really nice but I think it's wishful thinking. Soriano was made expendable because of a 2b prospect named Ian Kinsler that the Rangers are really high on. I would guess that Nevin is going to DH (all the Rangers really probably care about is that they got rid of Chan Ho Park.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gang Green » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:18 am

mtryanks12 wrote:
rocky123 wrote:What I want to know is who takes over at second base in that sick lineup if this trade goes down(which I doubt it will anyway).

I know that Blalock has experience at second base and teixeira has some experience at third, so my guess would be that Nevin plays first, Blalock at second, Young at SS, and Tex at 3rd. It doesn't sound all that bad for the Rangers, and this could possibly be why they got Nevin. Wow, I would love for Blalock to have 2B eligibility!

I was watching a Ranger game last week and they had mentioned, if they traded Soriano, the possibility of moving Young over to 2nd and bringing up their highly touted prospect Ian Kinsler to play SS. You could keep Blaylock and Tex at their positions. I don't know how prudent it is to start switching everyone around positionally right in the middle of a pennant race. Then again, I don't know how smart it is to bring up a rookie to play SS in the middle of a race either. :-? If they move Soriano, Kinsler will most likely be the Opening Day SS next year.
I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I'll be dead before I realize it.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rlee » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:41 am

davidmarver wrote:Get Soriano and dump Lohse all in all swoop? Sounds pretty good for the Twins, if you ask me.

The reports I have read also include Brett Boone in that package. Let's see, if this happens, Terry Ryan dumps Lohse AND Boone, and still gets Soriano. Wow! That should qualify him as executive of the century even though we have another 95 years left :-D
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers