White Sox hot on tails of Huff and Baez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

White Sox hot on tails of Huff and Baez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

White Sox hot on tails of Huff and Baez

Postby warrick95 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:21 pm

Perhaps this is why Tampa pulled out:

Aubrey Huff - OF - TB

According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the White Sox are trying hard to get Aubrey Huff and/or Danys Baez from the Devil Rays.
The White Sox may have to part with Brandon McCarthy to get either and definitely if they want to get both. Even though they're loaded with outfielders, the Rays may also want a member from the group of Brian Anderson, Chris Young and Ryan Sweeney. 2004 first-round pick Josh Fields, a third baseman, is another player sure to be involved in talks. Jul. 30 - 8:06 pm et

Chris Young is a pretty toolsy player who hasn't really shown much plate discipline and ability to hit for average thus far. The rest are fine, but I wouldn't want Young because we already have a superb athlete in the system in Elijah Dukes, who has been hitting for average. Fields has had a rough season, but can flat out mash the ball far. Like I said in another post, I would prefer to somehow get Hanley, but it seems like the Sox just won't let go. I'm not as high on Petit as others are, but McCarthy is a ways from Yusmeiro. I want a trade done for sure, but would've preferred something with NYM and BOS. Maybe we should just trade these two and Lugo to the Mets for Milledge and Petit...and then they can decide what they want to do with them.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:11 pm

heard on ESPMN news, white sox called & asked & Tampa said that the 3 way mega deal is done & Baez & Huff are abvaiable, so now the chisox are putting together a package for em, interesting stuff
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:28 pm

Huff played today, though.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby TonyCee » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:33 pm

mweir145 wrote:Huff played today, though.

I'm confused, what do you mean by that?
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:37 pm

TonyCee wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Huff played today, though.

I'm confused, what do you mean by that?

Wait, I'm just confused by the initial sentance of this thread which states: "Perhaps this is why Tampa pulled out: Aubrey Huff"

I read that sentance under the context that Tampa pulled Aubrey Huff out of the lineup in the same way that Boston pulled out Manny, but now I realize this thread is giving a reason why Tampa pulled out of the "Manny Ramirez trade talks." My mistake.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby bdrotoronto » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:39 pm

The Chisox bullpen would be pretty lights out if you throw Baez into the mix. :-o I like that move for them, getting geared up for a playoff run. Kenny Williams is obviously a better GM than he was a player. :-b
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rlee » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:48 am

I'll be very interested to see what Tampa Bay gets for Huff and/or Baez, if anything. If there is any credence to what I've read, Chuck Lamar is being typically unrealistic and unreasonable in his demands for the Rays players. I think it would serve him rihgt for everyone to bail out and leave him with his roster intact. :-°
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Chuckles » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:56 am

rlee wrote:I'll be very interested to see what Tampa Bay gets for Huff and/or Baez, if anything. If there is any credence to what I've read, Chuck Lamar is being typically unrealistic and unreasonable in his demands for the Rays players. I think it would serve him rihgt for everyone to bail out and leave him with his roster intact. :-°

Don't say things like that!!!! I want very badly for Huff to be in a decent lineup...could you imagine?!!? I hear what you're saying though... :-o
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:01 pm

I don't Beaz isn't as good as eveybody thinks. Remember when he was at Cleveland? Lost his job numerous times, probably because he wasn't a closer closing and he is/was all Tamps has/had. Huff is really the em in trade (an underacheiving gem this year). IF Tampa can get McCarthy & Marte in the deal then I say they are doing good.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:14 pm

Hopefully Tampa overplays their hand and winds up keeping both. Huff and Baez to Chicago isn't a good thing for the rest of the American League.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Return to Baseball Leftovers