Manny pulled out of tonight's lineup... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Manny pulled out of tonight's lineup...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:27 pm

bigken117 wrote:ESPNNEWS says Manny WILL NOT be traded...so now we'll just have to watch.

ESPNNEWS says a lot of things. They very well may be right, but they have reported so much junk that it's impossible to tell fact from fiction at this point. Until no deal at 4:01 tomorrow afternoon, I don't believe anything the media says.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:30 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
bigken117 wrote:ESPNNEWS says Manny WILL NOT be traded...so now we'll just have to watch.

ESPNNEWS says a lot of things. They very well may be right, but they have reported so much junk that it's impossible to tell fact from fiction at this point. Until no deal at 4:01 tomorrow afternoon, I don't believe anything the media says.

Exactly what I was gonna say. After all the back and forth on this deal, you really can't read into anything too much until it's all said and done. I just wish they'd get something done soon if anything, I hate all of this on and off and on and off, get it done!
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:41 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

Exactly what I was gonna say. After all the back and forth on this deal, you really can't read into anything too much until it's all said and done. I just wish they'd get something done soon if anything, I hate all of this on and off and on and off, get it done!

Yeah, your a yankee fan allright. :-b
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:05 pm

The NESN guys just said that a statement read that it was in the best interest of Manny and the team that he doesn't play tonight. They said there wasn't a trade and pointed out that Huff and Cameron are in their respective lineups tonight.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:07 pm

I heard that Manny never showed up today? Any truth to that or just a crazy Internet rumor?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:23 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:The NESN guys just said that a statement read that it was in the best interest of Manny and the team that he doesn't play tonight. They said there wasn't a trade and pointed out that Huff and Cameron are in their respective lineups tonight.

Interesting. This is probably the most substantial thing that I've read in this thread yet! ;-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:23 pm

Amazinz wrote:I heard that Manny never showed up today? Any truth to that or just a crazy Internet rumor?

That's what I've been hearing as well. Read a couple of posts, and my friend just said that apparently he wasn't in the dugout. Odd....
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:27 pm

just heard on foxsports radio from Kevin Kennedy that Manny had a long discussion today with Francona regarding his emotional stress and the unhappiness he is feeling. He was taken out of the lineup and was granted permission to go home from Francona. Manny didn't want to hear the boos from the Boston fans tonight. Francona said that there were no plans to trade Manny right now or in the near future.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 120)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:53 pm

Havok1517 wrote:just heard on foxsports radio from Kevin Kennedy that Manny had a long discussion today with Francona regarding his emotional stress and the unhappiness he is feeling. He was taken out of the lineup and was granted permission to go home from Francona. Manny didn't want to hear the boos from the Boston fans tonight. Francona said that there were no plans to trade Manny right now or in the near future.

What is this guy doing? He's the best player on an World Series team in the stretch run looking for the AL East title, and he just decides he doesn't want to play anymore because of emotional stress? I don't know about anybody else, but I would hate to have this guy ruining the chemistry on my favourite team. The reports say he is going to New York, right? Well the "emotional stress" isn't going to get any better there...
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby DRB » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:14 pm

The thing is I think the Red Sox need Manny and his bat for the playoffs. I wouldn't trade him. He helps protect Ortiz.
DRB
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Hockey

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers