Embree On The Yanks?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Embree On The Yanks??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Matthias » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:39 pm

came in with runners on 1st & 2nd; gives up a double steal to a lefty; intentional walk; up 0-2; and then gives up the sac fly. oh yah. losing embree to the yankees... heartbreak hotel.

he does need a change of scenery, though.... i think my xbox mlb's 2003 might do the trick.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:20 pm

The Yankees needed a LH arm in the pen that was an upgrade over Groom. They accomplished that. I don't have any problem with this move. It's not a blockbuster but they should be better off than they were.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:28 pm

An upgrade over Groom? When did a near 8 ERA become an upgrade over a near 5 ERA?

They are both bums even if Bill James probably still thinks you do not need a closer when you have Alan Embree.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:51 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:An upgrade over Groom? When did a near 8 ERA become an upgrade over a near 5 ERA?

They are both bums even if Bill James probably still thinks you do not need a closer when you have Alan Embree.

Yes. An upgrade over groom. Look at the track records and not just what has happened this year to date. Unless Embree is injured, I would easily take him over Groom. Who would you rather have coming in with the game on the line in October?? Groom?? :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:00 pm

If the game is on the line and Torre brings in Embree, he earns a ticket to the unemployment line. Embree is a BUM. And what he did 3 or 4 years ago really is not relevant. Stanton was very good in the past too. So what? He stinks now as he is well past his prime. EMbree is a gas can and another in the long line of Clueless Cashman pitcher signings. Witasik, Hammond, Heredia, White, Orosco, Micieli, Karsay, Quantril, etc.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:16 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:If the game is on the line and Torre brings in Embree, he earns a ticket to the unemployment line. Embree is a BUM. And what he did 3 or 4 years ago really is not relevant. Stanton was very good in the past too. So what? He stinks now as he is well past his prime. EMbree is a gas can and another in the long line of Clueless Cashman pitcher signings. Witasik, Hammond, Heredia, White, Orosco, Micieli, Karsay, Quantril, etc.

Maybe he is past his prime but 40 year old Buddy Groom isn't?? I am not doing cartwheels over this move but Embree is definitely an improvement over Groom. That's all that I'm saying. Not a ton better but he is definitely better.
Lofunzo

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:28 am

I agree with Lo here. Embree is nothing to brag about, but either was Groom. At least Embree has been good the past few years. I read his velocity was getting better and better with the Sox as the year went on, and looked good Saturday in his appearance with New York.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers