Embree On The Yanks?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Embree On The Yanks??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Matthias » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:26 pm

blankman wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:I understand that the Yanks are in tough shape, so I can't blame them throwing more stuff against the wall.

I just hope Embree's straight low 90s fastball stays straight and dead center over the plate. He has no offspeed stuff, so he needs that thing up higher, and at the corners.

Some scouts claim that he's gotten better lately and is just a change of scenery away. Time will tell, but I know the Sox aren't happy that the Yankees ended up with him as opposed to anyone else.

oh yah. i hate the yankees signing washed-up meatball pitchers. makes me reminisce for felix heredia, who i miss terribly... whenever there was a fire last year, heredia would come in with the gasoline.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:29 pm

Matthias wrote:
blankman wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:I understand that the Yanks are in tough shape, so I can't blame them throwing more stuff against the wall.

I just hope Embree's straight low 90s fastball stays straight and dead center over the plate. He has no offspeed stuff, so he needs that thing up higher, and at the corners.

Some scouts claim that he's gotten better lately and is just a change of scenery away. Time will tell, but I know the Sox aren't happy that the Yankees ended up with him as opposed to anyone else.

oh yah. i hate the yankees signing washed-up meatball pitchers. makes me reminisce for felix heredia, who i miss terribly... whenever there was a fire last year, heredia would come in with the gasoline.

That was Embree's role in Boston this year. }:-)
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Matthias » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:42 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Matthias wrote:
blankman wrote:

That was Embree's role in Boston this year. }:-)

hmmm.... so you're saying, "bring 'em home heredia" could be reincarnated now as, "everyone scores on embree"? interesting thought. yah... i'm just really hating this idea of embree on the yankees. just awful... awful, i'm telling you!!!
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:47 pm

I mean, doesn't this piss you off?

OK, maybe that's gratuitous. Sorry.

I'd have a hard time if the tables were turned, though.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Matthias » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:52 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:I mean, doesn't this piss you off?

OK, maybe that's gratuitous. Sorry.

I'd have a hard time if the tables were turned, though.

nah. i love it. i'm a sox fan. i was responding to blankman's comment that he knows that the red sox hate having embree go to the yankees... and oh yah... i'm hating it... just because i just don't think he'll suck as much as felix heredia, but he'll suck bad enough that he'll make me wish he was.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby uucrook3d » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:00 am

he looks weird without the facial hair. good ole clean cut yanks. :-B
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:11 am

Hmmm....

Red Sox designated LHP Alan Embree for assignment.

Embree's velocity has been down from the mid-90s to the low-90s, but it's not the first time that's happened. He's still a better 11th or 12th pitcher than many teams have. The Red Sox will try to trade him, even if they have to pay a hefty chunk of his salary. They don't want him ending up on the Yankees.

The Mets are interested in reliever Alan Embree, who was recently designated for assignment by the Red Sox.
The Mets are the one New York team the Sox wouldn't mind seeing him go to. Embree ''just needs a change of scenery,'' according to one scout

But I guess the Sox wanted the Yankees to have him or didn't care if he became a Yankee right mat? ;-7
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mweir145 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:22 am

I'm still laughing at seeing this guy walking onto the field today. I didn't expect it at all when he walked on out there in a 2 run game, but maybe all he needed was a change of scenery from Boston. He sure didn't show it today, though it may have just been 1st game Yankee jitters.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Matthias » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:13 am

blankman wrote:Hmmm....

Embree's velocity has been down from the mid-90s to the low-90s, but it's not the first time that's happened. He's still a better 11th or 12th pitcher than many teams have. The Red Sox will try to trade him, even if they have to pay a hefty chunk of his salary. They don't want him ending up on the Yankees.

The Mets are interested in reliever Alan Embree, who was recently designated for assignment by the Red Sox.
The Mets are the one New York team the Sox wouldn't mind seeing him go to. Embree ''just needs a change of scenery,'' according to one scout

But I guess the Sox wanted the Yankees to have him or didn't care if he became a Yankee right mat? ;-7

you could tell how worked up about it me and trans are.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby This is the year » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:57 am

blankman wrote:Hmmm....

It's Alan freakin' Embree we're talking about here. This is a guy with one pitch that has lost noticeable velocity, has never been particularly tough on left handers, and has been pitching well below replacement level for this entire season. The Red Sox didn't care if he went to the Spankees, and apparently nobody else did either. He was released and cleared waivers, which shows you how much interest there was in him.
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers