Embree On The Yanks?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Embree On The Yanks??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bd3521 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:27 pm

We will revist this when we see how Chacon and Leiter are doing in a month. Some $hit will stick on the wall
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:08 pm

Only "decent" pitcher available is Burnett and it looks like no one will pay a high enough price for the Marlins to move him. Yanks certainly are not going to pay even if they could the price the Marlins want for a rental.

Schmidt might be around also, but he is very expensive and has not pitched all that well either.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby klvrdude » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:30 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Only "decent" pitcher available is Burnett and it looks like no one will pay a high enough price for the Marlins to move him. Yanks certainly are not going to pay even if they could the price the Marlins want for a rental.

Schmidt might be around also, but he is very expensive and has not pitched all that well either.

Be creative, re-aquire Vazquez. I hear that he's going to demand to be traded at the end of the season.
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:33 pm

I understand that the Yanks are in tough shape, so I can't blame them throwing more stuff against the wall.

I just hope Embree's straight low 90s fastball stays straight and dead center over the plate. He has no offspeed stuff, so he needs that thing up higher, and at the corners.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:04 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:I understand that the Yanks are in tough shape, so I can't blame them throwing more stuff against the wall.

I just hope Embree's straight low 90s fastball stays straight and dead center over the plate. He has no offspeed stuff, so he needs that thing up higher, and at the corners.

Some scouts claim that he's gotten better lately and is just a change of scenery away. Time will tell, but I know the Sox aren't happy that the Yankees ended up with him as opposed to anyone else.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:04 pm

klvrdude wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Only "decent" pitcher available is Burnett and it looks like no one will pay a high enough price for the Marlins to move him. Yanks certainly are not going to pay even if they could the price the Marlins want for a rental.

Be creative, re-aquire Vazquez. I hear that he's going to demand to be traded at the end of the season.

Well we are not in the market for SPs with huge yellow streaks down their spinal column. Plus, rumor has it he wants to be traded to a Florida team so that he can more easily make the filming of his new film. He has the tilte role in the next Disney film "Bambi in the headlights".
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:28 pm

klvrdude wrote:

Aside from the fact that Vazquez pitched like trash during his time in New York, how exactly would the Yankees accquire him? I'm pretty sure that if Arizona was willing to accept Melky Cabrera for him, he'd already be a Yankee. Arizona is still alive in the playoff hunt since they are in 2nd place and everyone in that division sucks. They haven't been sellers.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Transmogrifier » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:51 pm

blankman wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:I understand that the Yanks are in tough shape, so I can't blame them throwing more stuff against the wall.

Some scouts claim that he's gotten better lately and is just a change of scenery away. Time will tell, but I know the Sox aren't happy that the Yankees ended up with him as opposed to anyone else.

Yeah, I wish he had gone to Arizona or something like that. But, on the other hand, if this stops the Yanks from getting Villone, or someone like him, I'm all for it.

By the way, is it hard to forget that this guy closed out game 7 last year?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:06 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
blankman wrote:

Yeah, I wish he had gone to Arizona or something like that. But, on the other hand, if this stops the Yanks from getting Villone, or someone like him, I'm all for it.

That's what's keeping me from thinking this is awful. Embree has been garbage this year but wasn't he pretty good in 2003 and 2004? I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'm pretty sure he put up good numbers with Boston. Maybe a change of scenery can help him regain at least a little bit of what made him effective in Boston over the past 2 years.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Transmogrifier » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:09 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:
blankman wrote:

That's what's keeping me from thinking this is awful. Embree has been garbage this year but wasn't he pretty good in 2003 and 2004? I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'm pretty sure he put up good numbers with Boston. Maybe a change of scenery can help him regain at least a little bit of what made him effective in Boston over the past 2 years.

Well, he's lost like 5 miles per hour on his fastball, and for someone without a remotely good offspeed pitch, it's killing him.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers