Embree On The Yanks?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Embree On The Yanks??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Embree On The Yanks??

Postby Gang Green » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:45 pm

It just cut to commercial but I just saw Embree coming out of the Yankee bullpen and heard a faint scattering of boos. If he gives up any runs in the game, he might not make it to the dugout. !+)
I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I'll be dead before I realize it.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bd3521 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:51 pm

His error was handy
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Embree On The Yanks??

Postby Jivedude » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:54 pm

Gang Green wrote:It just cut to commercial but I just saw Embree coming out of the Yankee bullpen and heard a faint scattering of boos. If he gives up any runs in the game, he might not make it to the dugout. !+)

And the Angels take the lead!
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby thehat » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:56 pm

Is this team's scouting staff binge drinking? Signing the completely shot Nomo and Embree in the same week is mind boggling.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jivedude » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:00 pm

thehat wrote:Is this team's scouting staff binge drinking? Signing the completely shot Nomo and Embree in the same week is mind boggling.

Yeah but you have to love the fact that they're desperate enough to be picking from the Red Sox trashbin.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:02 pm

I think he's going to still be loyal to the Red Sox and in the bottom of the 8th he's gonna serve up a meatball to Manny, there goes the game!!!

SOX Win, SOX Win ;-D ;-D ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:06 pm

thehat wrote:Is this team's scouting staff binge drinking? Signing the completely shot Nomo and Embree in the same week is mind boggling.

Um, what do you expect them to do? They've been killed by injuries all year. They are trying to get as many guys as possible and see if someone pans out. They're doing the smartest thing they can do.

Besides, it's not like the Sox staff is something to brag about. It's almost as bad as the Yankees.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:09 pm

I honestly started laughing when I saw this guy venture his way out of the bullpen.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby klvrdude » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:50 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:

Um, what do you expect them to do? They've been killed by injuries all year. They are trying to get as many guys as possible and see if someone pans out. They're doing the smartest thing they can do.

Do you honestly believe that? In a farm system maybe, but the whole guess and check method is not the "smartest" way to run a major league team IMHO.

I think it would be more savoy to pay for a decent mid-level pitcher then hoping that every washup bounces back. For instance Chacon has good stuff, but needs a new start out of Colorado....but Nomo? Nomo? Why don't they just get Fernando Valenzuela!
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:26 pm

klvrdude wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

Do you honestly believe that? In a farm system maybe, but the whole guess and check method is not the "smartest" way to run a major league team IMHO.

I think it would be more savoy to pay for a decent mid-level pitcher then hoping that every washup bounces back. For instance Chacon has good stuff, but needs a new start out of Colorado....but Nomo? Nomo? Why don't they just get Fernando Valenzuela!

They have no in house options.

You're better off getting a lot of guys and trying them out to see who's good than getting one or two and hoping those are the good ones. You may miss out on something that way.

And just exactly what decent pitcher is available? The Yankees have nothing they're willing to trade so you can't just say they could get some decent pitcher when the asking prices are too high and/or there aren't any available to start with.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers