Who is your AL & NL MVP and CY Young winners? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is your AL & NL MVP and CY Young winners?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Peja and Bibby » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:20 pm

nl:Pujols
Brown
al:Delgado
Halladay
Down with dope and up with hope.
Peja and Bibby
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B Dizzle » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:43 pm

Albert Pujols
Carlos Delgado
Woody Williams
Mark Mulder
Mark Prior for MVP
B Dizzle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Redriot » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:13 pm

I thought Prior's confrontation with Bonds made BARRY look like a punk, and made Prior look like a real man who won't back down from anyone. I don't know anyone else who doesn't share my thoughts about that confrontation. But oh well...
NL MVP: Pujols
AL MVP: Delgado
NL Cy Young: Kevin Brown
AL Cy Young: Loiaza (by a mile, though we'll see if he keeps it up)
Redriot
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

um

Postby rjforlife » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:16 pm

you failed to mention priors 98 k's which are 3rd in baseball (oops) and the fact that he has won 7 games with the cubs is miraculous considering wood only has 5 wins and look at the way he has been pitching. just watch...by the end of the year prior will be right in the thick of things for the cy young and you also left out how brown and williams are serious injury guys and dont say prior is because of lots of innings...brown and williams have histories.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby T Long » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:36 pm

AL MVP - Carlos Delgado

NL MVP - Albert Pujols

AL CY Young - Roy Halladay

NL CY Young - Kevin Brown (close behind , Jason Schmidt)

no closer is goin to win the cy young unless its smoltz
T Long

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby crazybob60 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:45 pm

AL MVP: Chavez (starting to heat up, watch for a breakout second half.)
NL MVP: Sheffield or Pujols (something is going to happen here and the winner of this award will get it, either Pujols will hit .400 or Sheff will win the Triple Crown, mark it down, I said it here)
AL Cy Young: Mike Mussina (a little glitch here lately but will finally win 20 games.)
NL Cy Young: Kevin Brown (returning to old form.)
crazybob60
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:57 am

Reloaded wrote:Just too make myself clear...I'm talking about who deserves these awards so far during the season.

AL MVP: Delgado

AL CY: Loaiza (can't believe it, but so far it's him)

NL CY: Brown (Woody Williams a close 2nd)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lepke » Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:22 am

Madison wrote:AL MVP: Delgado

AL CY: Loaiza (can't believe it, but so far it's him)

NL CY: Brown (Woody Williams a close 2nd)

Quoted for emphasis.

For the people who picked other people--Please share what ever it is that you're smoking.
Lepke

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BankRoll » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:30 am

I'll be a little unconventional:

AL MVP: Manny Ramirez
Delgado is on pace for .324-52-182 with 145 runs. Good as he is, it's unrealistic to think he will continue on this pace. His 162 game average is .283-38-120 with 102 runs. And career highs in each category would be .344-44-137 with 115 runs. Also worth nothing that he has only batted over .300 one other year his whole career. As is with the entire Blue Jays offense, he's playing over his head right now. Even if he does keep it up, he will fight the same battle A-Rod did last season. If the MVP goes to a player on a winning team, I'd hardly consider a third place team in the division to be an accomplishment. If somehow the Jays topple the Sox and Yanks (unlikely), then he could have a serious shot.

Back to Manny. He started off slow, but has picked it up in a hurry. Since May 31st:

.463-7-17 with 17 runs and 1.605OPS in 11 games. He's in a stacked lineup which BADLY wants to make the playoffs. Has batted .333 or higher in 3 of the last 4 seasons and is due some hardware. Will be a serious contender if he stays healthy.

NL MVP: Pujols. Sheff is playing great, but he's a bit over his head right now as well. Plus he might have to deal with the same thing Soriano did last season. His whole offense is stacked to hell and back. If you take him out of the lineup, how much would it affect them? If you take Pujols out of the Stl lineup it would not be fearsome at all. Atl on the other hand still have Furcal, Giles, Lopez, and the Jones'. And yes Pujols is also playing over his head with the BA, but he's a guy that can bat .340 for his career. Pujols is 2nd in runs, first in hits, first in doubles, eight in homers (one less than Sheff), tied for 4th in RBI (with Sheff), leads the ML in BA, 3rd in OBP (Sheff 5th), leads the ML in SLG, and 2nd in the ML in OPS. As it stands, no contest here.

Cy Young I won't even try and guess because pitchers are less predictable and the voters play favorites.
BankRoll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:00 am

Reloaded asked so far this season. Not at the end of the year!!!

Did that get your attention?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers