a note to lamar: please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

a note to lamar: please

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

a note to lamar: please

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:41 pm

if all these rumors are true, do the huff and baez deal.... petit, niemann, kazmir, and sanchez is a killer staff in 2007.... please.....

hope you are reading this lamar ;-D ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:44 am

While likely too late, I agree.

But if he can get Sanchez in a separate deal for Huff and Petit in a separate deal for Baez/Lugo, that's also fine by me.

But at least get two good P prospects. If McCarthy is one from the ChiSox in a Huff/Baez deal to CHW, there needs to be a 2nd. I don't know the CHW system, or what else would be included, but only getting 1 for those two would not be enough.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:07 am

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:While likely too late, I agree.

But if he can get Sanchez in a separate deal for Huff and Petit in a separate deal for Baez/Lugo, that's also fine by me.

i could live with that as well..... just get us some pitching cause that O will be more then solid enough come 2007.......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:17 pm

I can't wait for Lamar to be fired.

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nada 3.

Draft picks for Huff, I guess.

I just don't understand the man's mentality - why keep a player who won't help in 2007 when you could get a player who might. Just because the prospect doesn't work out doesn't mean it was a bad trade.

I'd rather have someone who is willing to gamble and lose vs. not willing to gamble at all.

He's a joke.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:53 pm

well hopefully he can move them during the offseason..... baez's option is only 4 million,,, so we should be able to pick that up fairly easily.... and huff will hopefully have more trade value in the winter when teams could have him for the full year....... still gotta have hope..... ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:18 pm

I have hope - hope that someone with a brain becomes the next GM.

I know all I play is fantasy, and I haven't had to deal with the aspects of being a GM (i.e. scouting, dealing w/ owners, etc.), but I swear I could handle trade negotiations and player management better than he could. Hell, I'd hire hybrid to handle scouting and all I'd have to worry about is the owner.

Huff is having a 3rd straight year with his OPS dropping. He'll be at $7M next year. And there will be plenty of FA OFs. I just don't see the market for him being that good, especially when he's stuck to the AL (where he can DH occasionally since his defense is below average).

As for Baez, I agree that he can be moved, but likely in July. $4M for a closer isn't too bad, but way too high for a MR. For the Rays, he's the closer, but for many teams, he wouldn't be. As such, and due to leading the AL in blown saves, I doubt there's much of a market for him in the off-season, especially when Farnsworth, Urbina, Wagner and Mesa are all free agents. Kolb will be as well (not that he's any better, but he will be available). So I think it's more likely for him to be moved next July when playoff teams are looking for BP help. But Lamar sure better be willing to expect an offer that won't include the other team's top prospect.

We shall see, but I was none too happy with the Rays today. And then reading that DY may not get called up at all and it just was not what I wanted to happen today.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Tampa Bay Rays