chan ho park traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

chan ho park traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby reznorsboy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:18 am

I was at the game tonight in Toronto. It was funy almost all of the fans where korean. They where all excited to see Park pitch and then Wasdin came out. :-b I got a chuckle out of that.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby agchris02 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:49 pm

As to the deal being a financial wash -- dollar wise it is, but from my understanding of how caps work, when you send cash with a trade, it doesnt count toward your cap next year -- thus TX is finally out from under that horrible contract.

Personally I dont think they can move soriano, the only team with the players worth it is the mets and I think theyll get manny before that. Id rather them give him his pay raise, and resign tex, and get some pitching -- leave most of the rest of the team alone, they can after all.

Though it does depend on how high of a raise alfy is going to get - we do have a good 2b in the minors, but i still wouldnt trade him without getting SP

(I would welcome a soraino and hildago for Manny and cash trade, no one is talking that though, what a great lineup and all around team we'd have then --- then you only need pitching in the offseason)
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:43 pm

So now that Nevin is in Texas and not going to catch anymore, does he have any value in a 10 team mixed league? Or is he WW fodder?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ab » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:05 pm

[quote="TheYanks04"]So now that Nevin is in Texas and not going to catch anymore, does he have any value in a 10 team mixed league? Or is he WW fodder?[/quote]

I'd say there's still a chance he could catch. Where else is Texas going to play him? They have more than enough quality sluggers to DH and they're obviously not putting him at first...
ab
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby YardBirds » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:40 pm

Did the Nevin/Chan Ho Park trade also include Pedro Astacio ? He is starting for San Diego tonight, but i hadn't heard his name involved in the trade rumors.
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:37 am

YardBirds wrote:Did the Nevin/Chan Ho Park trade also include Pedro Astacio ? He is starting for San Diego tonight, but i hadn't heard his name involved in the trade rumors.

Astacio was cut by the Rangers quite some time ago. He's been with the Padres for awhile now.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TonyCee » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:48 am

Madison wrote:
YardBirds wrote:Did the Nevin/Chan Ho Park trade also include Pedro Astacio ? He is starting for San Diego tonight, but i hadn't heard his name involved in the trade rumors.

Astacio was cut by the Rangers quite some time ago. He's been with the Padres for awhile now.

He knows that and says it in his thread, he means is Pedro going from the Padres back to the Rangers. ;-D
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:51 am

TonyCee wrote:
Madison wrote:

He knows that and says it in his thread, he means is Pedro going from the Padres back to the Rangers. ;-D

Why would the Rangers trade to GET Astacio, when we were the ones that cut him? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Makes more sense for him to ask if we traded Astacio to the Padres along with Park, and that's how I read it. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby YardBirds » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:48 am

He was right, i didn't know that Texas dropped Astacio, so i thought he may have been traded w/ Park to SD. My mistake, i don't follow sub par talent :-° .
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:52 am

YardBirds wrote:He was right, i didn't know that Texas dropped Astacio, so i thought he may have been traded w/ Park to SD. My mistake, i don't follow sub par talent :-° .

The only reason I knew the answer is because I'm a Ranger fan, and live about 20 minutes from the ballpark. Otherwise, I'd know jack squat about Astacio. I can't even tell you what he's done with the Padres without looking it up. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers