chan ho park traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

chan ho park traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:23 am

Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:I have a hunch he will go right into the rotation. They are losing confidence in Stauffer. Eaton is still dinged, and Astascio is NOT the awnser. If Chan Ho can at least resemble anything like his old LA self, it will be an improvement.

You guys still need a catcher, right? You could always try Chan Ho's old one from LA like we did......Krueter I believe it was. O:-)

Hehehe :-b .

Sorry man, but I'm loving this. Getting rid of Park is great, and being able to pick on someone else about it is just icing on the cake. :-D Especially when we know it's all in good fun ;-) . My luck, Chan Ho will be awesome for the rest of the season and my foot will be in my mouth, but for now, it's just funny. :-b

there is not a doubt in my mind that you are enjoying this ... :-)

Financially it is a wash, so no gain for Texas.
Nevin has no spot in the lineup, and Texas still has not addressed their pitching, so I am not sure why Texas did this.

But what will you say when Chan Ho wins the CY next season? O:-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:24 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:I have a hunch he will go right into the rotation. They are losing confidence in Stauffer. Eaton is still dinged, and Astascio is NOT the awnser. If Chan Ho can at least resemble anything like his old LA self, it will be an improvement.

You guys still need a catcher, right? You could always try Chan Ho's old one from LA like we did......Krueter I believe it was. O:-)

Sorry man, but I'm loving this. Getting rid of Park is great, and being able to pick on someone else about it is just icing on the cake. :-D Especially when we know it's all in good fun ;-) . My luck, Chan Ho will be awesome for the rest of the season and my foot will be in my mouth, but for now, it's just funny. :-b

there is not a doubt in my mind that you are not enjoying this ... :-)

Nevin has no spot in the lineup, and Texas still has not addressed their pitching, so I am not sure why Texas did this.

You mean this season? I'm expecting a Randy Johnson 1998-esque finish out of Chan Ho. :-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:26 am

davidmarver wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:

there is not a doubt in my mind that you are not enjoying this ... :-)

You mean this season? I'm expecting a Randy Johnson 1998-esque finish out of Chan Ho. :-D

if he can just get the ball over the plate, I'll be estatic ..
Underhand or overhand ... I really don't care.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:35 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:

Yeah, financially it's a wash, but I'll take Nevin's bat over whatever Chan Ho's calling those meatballs he's throwing now. :-D

We didn't need yet another bat, but getting rid of Park was probably the only reason this was done. I think we'd rather send one of the kids to the mound instead of Park. Getting anything for him, even a box of rocks made it worth it. Nevin at the ballpark? Some good numbers could come from that. B-)

As to Park winning the Cy, I guess you plan on Peavy getting injured and the fences there in Petco getting moved back a couple hundred feet next year? :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thehat » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:46 am

Park is probably useless, but it's still a good move by SD. Now they can get Nady/Sweeney into the lineup more regularly depending on matchups. Nevin's been horrid all year, and this team needs to generate more offense.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:50 am

thehat wrote:Park is probably useless, but it's still a good move by SD. Now they can get Nady/Sweeney into the lineup more regularly depending on matchups. Nevin's been horrid all year, and this team needs to generate more offense.

I know Nevin hasn't been what anyone expected, but doesn't he have around 50 RBIs? This is off the top of my head, so I apologize if I'm completely wrong.

This guy was a perennial 30-100-.280 player and now he's being dealt for Chan Ho Park? I can't explain his production, other than that it's a down-year, but I still don't like the trade from the Padres standpoint.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 55)

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:26 am

Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:

Yeah, financially it's a wash, but I'll take Nevin's bat over whatever Chan Ho's calling those meatballs he's throwing now. :-D

We didn't need yet another bat, but getting rid of Park was probably the only reason this was done. I think we'd rather send one of the kids to the mound instead of Park. Getting anything for him, even a box of rocks made it worth it. Nevin at the ballpark? Some good numbers could come from that. B-)

As to Park winning the Cy, I guess you plan on Peavy getting injured and the fences there in Petco getting moved back a couple hundred feet next year? :-b

Actually, I think they are gong to move them in ... They were just waiting for Nevin to leave :-°
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:25 am

wrveres wrote:Actually, I think they are gong to move them in ... They were just waiting for Nevin to leave :-°

Move them in? 8-o You just got Chan Ho! That would be team suicide to move the fences in! Then again, every game would be like a home game at Coors! Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:31 am

Madison, I don't think I've ever seen you as giddy as you are after this trade.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:14 am

davidmarver wrote:Madison, I don't think I've ever seen you as giddy as you are after this trade.

Is it that obvious? :-D

Well, after suffering through him for the last few years, and the Rangers not signing any solid starting pitching since then, because of him, you would be amazed as to how happy I am to see him go. :-D

Also, since we haven't had any really good starting pitching in a long, long time, what's the best thing that can happen to us, since we're not going to sign a good starter? We get rid of our worst pitcher. We got rid of Drese and I was happy. We got rid of Astacio and I celebrated with a few toasts :*) . Now we got rid of Park, so I'm going to have a huge weekend long celebration :-b . Getting rid of the worst of the bunch makes us a better team, and that makes me very happy. :-)

The giddy part is only because I get to pick on Wrveres about it since Towers doesn't usually do anything quite this crazy, and now WR has to watch Park trot out and get shelled every 5 days instead of me. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers