chan ho park traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

chan ho park traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:22 pm

agchris02 wrote:Park was supposed to pitch tonight, in toronto it was even "Korean night", it looks like half the stadium is full of pissed off koreans since he's being traded

this paragraph is great on so many levels i dont even know where to begin! ;-D :-) }:-)
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:28 pm

/That sucks for Nevin. Stayed for "family reasons," and now he's gotta go tp Texas. Man, he's gotta leave San Diego, that sucks... nicest city in the country IMO. You can't beat that weather.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:30 pm

brandnew wrote:/That sucks for Nevin. Stayed for "family reasons," and now he's gotta go tp Texas. Man, he's gotta leave San Diego, that sucks... nicest city in the country IMO. You can't beat that weather.

awwwwwwwwwwwww, poor millionaire has to go play his little kid game in another city for 6 months out of a year....awwwwwwwwwww. ;-7

no trade clauses are absoulute garbage.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:30 pm

brandnew wrote:/That sucks for Nevin. Stayed for "family reasons," and now he's gotta go tp Texas. Man, he's gotta leave San Diego, that sucks... nicest city in the country IMO. You can't beat that weather.

btw are you named after the band brand new? because if you are that's awsome.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:52 pm

The Padres confirmed that a Phil Nevin-for-Chan Ho Park trade is done, pending the approval of the commissioner's office.
There's probably some money being included to even up salaries. Nevin is making $9 million this year and $10 million in 2006. Park makes $13 million this year and next and is due to receive deferred money in future years. We doubt the Padres are actually taking on money to get this deal done. Jul. 29 - 9:22 pm et
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby bdrotoronto » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:57 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
agchris02 wrote:Park was supposed to pitch tonight, in toronto it was even "Korean night", it looks like half the stadium is full of pissed off koreans since he's being traded

this paragraph is great on so many levels i dont even know where to begin! ;-D :-) }:-)

ah, another public relations hit for the blue jays !+)
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby agchris02 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:16 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

ah, another public relations hit for the blue jays !+)

It occured to me that this statement may have been viewed as racist, i was just watching the game on the local dallas affilate and the announcers actually said (and toronto DID bill this game as "Korean Night"), the camera man panned around the stadium, I think half the fans really were korean, Id be pissed if i went to go see Park and he didnt play

That aside, why the hell would anyone get excited about Park -- he's not really your ideal national hero or anything. Thats kind of like me getting really excited that Eric Milton is coming to town.

And, whats up with EVEN HAVING "korean night", why dont we have "Whitey night," or "Illegal immigrant night" -- there's an idea, Jose Contreas pitches, free tickets for illegals

Maybe Ive gone to far in this post, so Ill be quiet now, the whole idea of "Korean night" seems mildly offensive to me though.
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:27 pm

I watched the Ranger game tonight as well and it was said that Toronto did in fact promote tonight's game as "Korean Night". The cameramen panned to several places in the stands full of asian people, so all of that is in fact true, and I'm not going to comment on it at all since it's not the best of things to discuss and is pretty irrelevant anyway.

As to the trade, I love it :-D ! Finally getting rid of Park! Yes, yes, yes! We don't need another hitter here in Texas, but I'd have given up Park for a bag of used batting practice balls, so this is great! Nevin's value goes up for anyone who owns him. I'd say the majority of playing time for him will be at DH.

Park should :-o do a little better in the pitcher's park the Padres have, but I really don't know what they are thinking on this deal.

I do get to pick on Wrveres now though. Hehehe. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:33 pm

Madison wrote:I do get to pick on Wrveres now though. Hehehe. :-b

A bag of used batting practice balls: $100

Chan Ho Park: $15,000,000

Being able to pick on Wrveres: Priceless!

B-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:37 pm

Chan Ho Park.......most overpaid pitcher ever??

For Nevin who won't play?

Sounds like Nevin shoulda went to B-More

Whoops on his part!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers