Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rocky123 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:15 pm

Proposed deal is

Manny, Baez to Mets
Huff, Cameron to Sox
2 prospects from Mets and 2 prospects from Sox to Rays

**edit**
Damn people type fast I thought I would have the details up first :-B
Last edited by rocky123 on Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:15 pm

warrick95 wrote:Party, party, party! Hopefully we're getting Petit or Milledge. I love the Mets. I really do. Hanley Ramirez is who I want, but the BoSox's part of the deal is already even.

i would be happy with petit, hanley, and another prospect or 2(maybe another boston pitching prospect).
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Manny, Baez to Mets

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:16 pm

Mets4Life wrote:Got a call from my brother saying he heard from somewhere that the Mets are getting both Manny and Baez, and that the Manny deal could be done by tonight...any news on this?

for the past hour ive heard alot of this coming up from espn to wfan660 here in new york. it really looks like this deal is going to get done soon.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:20 pm

I like this deal for everyone but the Red Sox to be honest. Huff is a nice bat but he's no Manny Ramirez. If I were Boston, I'd look to trade Manny, but not now. I'd try to move him in the offseason, where you could sign a big bat to replace him. It's hard to get rid of a force like that in the middle of a pennant race.

Mets get a huge, HUGE bat in this deal, as well as a very solid reliever. Tampa probably would get several very good prospects like Milledge, Petit and others from Boston.

I don't know what Boston is thinking with this deal. Trading Manny makes sense to me, but not unless they are able to replace him, and that probably isn't possible in-season. It's better to trade him in the offseason, and use his money to get some top-end free agent bats. :-?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby rocky123 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:23 pm

I hope it does get done for the simple reason that I am sick of Manny crying like a little girl. He makes $20 million a year then complains because he wants privacy!! If you want all the perks then you have to live with the drawbacks too. He has no idea how good he has it in Boston. Let's see how much he cries when he leaves Boston, which is a great park for righties, and goes to the Shea which is not hitter friendly at all and instead of competing for the division lead he starts competing to keep out of the cellar. And oh by the way, the press will be 100 times worse since he will be losing in NY with a giant contract instead of winning in Boston with a giant contract. Couldn't happen to a nicer gir...I mean guy :-B
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:24 pm

who closes for the Mutts? Baez or Looper?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby This is the year » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:24 pm

I'd be sad to see Manny go for sure, but if the Sox are going to make a move the time is now. Manny will get 10-5 rights after this season, meaning he'll have the right to veto any trade he's in. Obviously there's no way we're going to replace his production, but Huff and Cameron would be a good start, and if the Mets were to eat a sizeable portion of Manny's contract this would probably be a great deal for the Sox in the long run.
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:25 pm

WFAN, now saying Mets could be sending prospects to the Red Sox and the Rays.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:27 pm

This is the year wrote:I'd be sad to see Manny go for sure, but if the Sox are going to make a move the time is now. Manny will get 10-5 rights after this season, meaning he'll have the right to veto any trade he's in. Obviously there's no way we're going to replace his production, but Huff and Cameron would be a good start, and if the Mets were to eat a sizeable portion of Manny's contract this would probably be a great deal for the Sox in the long run.

Possibly, but it seems to severely hurt their chances for this year. Cameron and Huff are decent players but how can you expect to replace Manny's bat?

Plus Manny asked to be traded so I don't see why he would veto a trade in the offseason. Then again, we are talking about Manny Ramirez.

Boston has a good shot at the World Series again this year, and they are in the middle of a heated pennant race. I don't see why they would make this trade and essentially hurt their chances even more of making the playoffs. Doesn't make sense to me. :-?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Mets4Life » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:28 pm

hybrid wrote:WFAN, now saying Mets could be sending prospects to the Red Sox and the Rays.

Really, I'm listening right now and their covering the pre-game?
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers