Soriano comin to NYM? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Soriano comin to NYM?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano comin to NYM?

Postby The_Met_Threat » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:48 pm

Anyone hear anything new about Soriano comin to the mets? I heard that it was all smoke, but i mean if we get him that would be amazing, and manny too. :-D
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Minor League Skilz » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:16 pm

Shea would be horrible for Sori fantasy owners everywhere but I give the Mets credit for trying to get the best O second baseman out there.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:28 pm

Remains to be seen. There are new reports that the Cubs are now in the mix, and there are reports in the NY papers saying they really aren't persuing Soriano. What is true and what is not isn't that hard to detect - I'm sure they have been in serious negotiations, but is he coming here? It's anyone's guess at this point.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:43 pm

Seems unlikely at this point. Omar won't give in on Milledge. I know not everyone agrees with me on that but it makes me very happy. Also, after last night's game I think it's apparent that this team should be a seller.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Minor League Skilz » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:26 pm

Would they only make the trade if they signed Sori long term or are they just paying arbitration for another year?

I agree the mets should be sellers. Atlanta is going to go nuts and pull away again. Colorado made the mets look horrible. Who else was pumped for their fantasy Mets players when they saw @ Colorado on the schedule.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:13 am

I was especially Beltran and Floyd i didnt get that much production. Almost 0 from Beltran. I am happy we wont give up milledge, he has better speed than soriano, prolly better D at their respective positions.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Return to New York Mets