Cold Pizza worst show ever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cold Pizza worst show ever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:21 pm

No need to tell me about Jay Crawford, after all he got started in Tampa Bay. :-P
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cold Pizza worst show ever

Postby The Guru » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:53 pm

theclefe wrote:*warning, if you don't get up before noon, you probably won't be able to relate.*

ESPN2's Cold Pizza is the worst sports show on television. Every day I shudder at the stupid things they do.

1 and 10 is the only thing worth watching. In comparison to the rest of the cast, Skip and Woody are geniuses. Jay Crawford is a moron. He is like the kid who never gets the joke and then explains it to himself outloud. For example, Skip was talking about Tiger's fairway accuracy percentage and how it compares to Phil Mickelson. Crawford's response as moderator was "yeah, he hits the ball hard." you know Woody thinks he is an imbicile with some of the looks he gives him. I think he watches the sports segement on CNN before he goes on air as his research.

Someone gag me with all the "Games" they play in interviews. With nascar drivers they play red light green light, golfers they play birdie/par/boogie, and figure skaters play... I don't know, anorexia or bulimia.

The interviews suck, their in-show comercial segements were they feature stupid products are blatantly advertesments, Jay Crawford is a buffoon and it is on for four, long hours.

oh goody, the next segement is called "doubleheader" because they will talk to two people at once. Fantastic.

sorry. continue playing fantasy baseball now.

Woody is one of the biggest idiots on tv. I put him in the Dick Vitale category; of all personality and no substance. Woody never makes a good point and frankly I don't think he knows anything about sports.

He sucks on that stupid show on ESPN Around the Horn and he sucks on Cold pizza. Everytime there is a topic he makes some stupid joke and never takes it seriously.

The only reason Woody is on 2 tv shows is because of his over the top personality and the moronic things he does and says. He knows nothing about sports.
(^) (o) - "Let's Hug it out"
The Guru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Minor League Skilz » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:03 pm

ESPN 2 is useless, unless you are getting some bonus coverage of a game you wanted to watch.

I hate that show.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Cold Pizza worst show ever

Postby perlick29 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:49 pm

The Guru wrote:
theclefe wrote:*warning, if you don't get up before noon, you probably won't be able to relate.*

ESPN2's Cold Pizza is the worst sports show on television. Every day I shudder at the stupid things they do.

1 and 10 is the only thing worth watching. In comparison to the rest of the cast, Skip and Woody are geniuses. Jay Crawford is a moron. He is like the kid who never gets the joke and then explains it to himself outloud. For example, Skip was talking about Tiger's fairway accuracy percentage and how it compares to Phil Mickelson. Crawford's response as moderator was "yeah, he hits the ball hard." you know Woody thinks he is an imbicile with some of the looks he gives him. I think he watches the sports segement on CNN before he goes on air as his research.

Someone gag me with all the "Games" they play in interviews. With nascar drivers they play red light green light, golfers they play birdie/par/boogie, and figure skaters play... I don't know, anorexia or bulimia.

The interviews suck, their in-show comercial segements were they feature stupid products are blatantly advertesments, Jay Crawford is a buffoon and it is on for four, long hours.

oh goody, the next segement is called "doubleheader" because they will talk to two people at once. Fantastic.

sorry. continue playing fantasy baseball now.

Woody is one of the biggest idiots on tv. I put him in the Dick Vitale category; of all personality and no substance. Woody never makes a good point and frankly I don't think he knows anything about sports.

He sucks on that stupid show on ESPN Around the Horn and he sucks on Cold pizza. Everytime there is a topic he makes some stupid joke and never takes it seriously.

The only reason Woody is on 2 tv shows is because of his over the top personality and the moronic things he does and says. He knows nothing about sports.

He's a genius compared to the trainwreck that is skip bayless. :-P :-P The reason I wouldn't watch Sportscenter instead is because once you've seen it once watching it again is not entertaining. The show doesn't run four hours, it runs two hours twice.

It's still a little better than it was at the very beginning with the timeout segment and that guy who used to take you around the set before he was mercifully canned.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby agchris02 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:32 pm

Bad show? Yes its horrible, I have a funny feeling Stephen A Smith's new show is going to take the cake for one of the worst sports shows of all time though
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:36 pm

do all of you youngins know that Kit Hoover was on the very first road rules?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby agchris02 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:19 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:do all of you youngins know that Kit Hoover was on the very first road rules?

I think this is perhaps the scariest post I have ever read

1) The fact that road rules ever made it on tv is a travesty

2) The fact that people watched it regularly makes me want to cry

3) The fact that someone knows the cast of the ORIGINAL series, and plays fantasy baseball *shudder

nothing against you miner, we all haver our faults, this one just frightens me is all
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PackMan » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:32 am

I can't remember his name, but the dude with the different colored eyes freaks me out.
PackMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thehat » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:09 am

Jeez, you guys need to lighten up and understand the show for what it's designed to be....early AM fluff with a lean to sports.

The show is clearly targeting an "on the move, off to work" audience. That's why there's very little substantive information on the show, and you'll also note that almost all the segments are no more than five minutes. This is a "soft sports" show and it's not supposed to be anything more.

If you want more in depth segments, flip over to ESPN News and catch the Mike and Mike simulcast.

Or you can watch Sportscenter for the 43rd time.

BTW, Dana Jacobson is very good and is a rising star in the industry. She knows her stuff, and is a huge upgrade over the hapless Kit Hoover.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:24 am

Yeah, this show sucks.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion