Chacon to the Yanks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chacon to the Yanks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:48 am

RynMan wrote:All you Yankees guys, who do you see taking the closer's role once Mo is done?

Probably would have been Brazoban if Cashman hadn't given him away :-C

They'd have the best bullpen in baseball if Cashman hadn't given away Braz and Marte :-[

I honestly have no idea who they'll use, but Mo's having his best year ever and there's still a good amount of time left in him.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:36 am

Isn't it supposed to be the J. Brent Cox guy or whoever from Texas? I don't know much about him at all and it's obviously a little early to judge anyone like him for a closer job, but that's what I've heard.

Should have been the local, Craig Hansen. :-[
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:57 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:Isn't it supposed to be the J. Brent Cox guy or whoever from Texas? I don't know much about him at all and it's obviously a little early to judge anyone like him for a closer job, but that's what I've heard.

Should have been the local, Craig Hansen. :-[

That would be my guess on their closer of the future, of course he'll never be as great a closer as Mo was. He should still be solid closer in a few years, atleast that's the plan.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Irony at its best!

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:44 am

I am enjoying the Yankees scramble through the (reject) pitching piles scurrying for any WARM arm they can find. The only thing I will enjoy more is October, when they are on their way to the golf course!
Down with Evil Empire and Darth Stienbrenner!
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:24 am

people actually picked up Chacon in my leagues? :*) is there some unwritten rule that every Yanks starter, no matter how crappy, has to be owned?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:28 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:people actually picked up Chacon in my leagues? :*) is there some unwritten rule that every Yanks starter, no matter how crappy, has to be owned?

Probably because its a pretty good Risk...if he succeeds Chacon could win a bunch of games..

His ERA is only 4 and he's 1-7 because the rockies are the worst team on the face of the planet...

Maybee he will do well..I think he seems like a newyork guy
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Rirruto » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:29 pm

acsguitar wrote:His ERA is only 4

and 3.12 on the road
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:49 pm

A good night's sleep has allowed me to think about this a little more clearly. I was under the impression that Sierra was a pretty good prospect, but I guess he's not as good as I thought. Chacon is trash but I guess they can afford to test him out. After all, Sturtze was garbage when they got him and he turned out to be pretty decent.

As long as those prospects don't turn out to be anything whatsoever, I can live with this trade I guess.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby RAmst23 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:47 pm

I'm kind of suprised no one has asked the other side of this question, why did the Rockies give up Chacon for nothing??

Chacon is a younger pitcher (27) who has good stuff. Yes his splits have been bad, but it still was Colorado and that park can affect you on the road too (mentally, and a pitcher can still physically be tired in his next start.) Why only give him up for scrub prospects?? NO other team wanted Chacon for bullpen help or as a back of the rotation starter? Very hard to believe since he has an ERA of 4.09 as a Colorado pitcher.

Bad trade by the Rockies IMO :-t
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:52 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:As long as those prospects don't turn out to be anything whatsoever, I can live with this trade I guess.

That's what I was looking at as a benefit of the trade. If they were ever destined to be decent or good, the FO wouldn't take heat for it because their stats would be wrecked in Colorado. :-D Ofcourse there's always a chance for someone to work out and turn out good, but Coors won't help their luck any I would assume.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers