Any Tom Petty fans out there? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Any Tom Petty fans out there?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any Tom Petty fans out there?

Postby Minor League Skilz » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:53 pm

I saw a great Petty concert over the weekend. He played at the Borgata in Atlantic City. The place only held 2000 - 3000 people. I paid for seats but ditched them when i saw I could get ten feet from the stage in general Admission. It was really easy to get drinks and get back to your spot in the crowd.

The band was feeding off the small but intense crowd and played a bunch of stuff they hardly ever play. It is a similar set list to the rest of the tour but he added a few gems.

Here is the set list:
LISTEN TO HER HEART
YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT FEELS
BREAKDOWN
DON’T DO ME LIKE THAT
FREE FALLIN’
I WON’T BACK DOWN
MARY JANE
I’M CRYIN’ --this one is by the Animals
BAND INTRO
HANDLE WITH CARE
CAROL
13 DAYS
KNOCKIN’ ON HEAVENS DOOR BY Bob Dylan
BRIGHT LIGHTS BIG CITY
HONEY BEE -
MELINDA - new song
WALLS -
CALL ME THE BREEZE -
LEARNIN’ TO FLY
DON’T COME AROUND HERE
REFUGEE
RUNNIN’ DOWN A DREAM
Encore
AMERICAN GIRL
YOU WRECK ME

If you can ever see a show at the Borgata event center go for it. It is really small and the sound is great. Pearl jam is playing in October and I might have to try and scalp tickets.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any Tom Petty fans out there?

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:34 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:I saw a great Petty concert over the weekend. He played at the Borgata in Atlantic City. The place only held 2000 - 3000 people. I paid for seats but ditched them when i saw I could get ten feet from the stage in general Admission. It was really easy to get drinks and get back to your spot in the crowd.

The band was feeding off the small but intense crowd and played a bunch of stuff they hardly ever play. It is a similar set list to the rest of the tour but he added a few gems.

Here is the set list:
LISTEN TO HER HEART
YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT FEELS
BREAKDOWN
DON’T DO ME LIKE THAT
FREE FALLIN’
I WON’T BACK DOWN
MARY JANE
I’M CRYIN’ --this one is by the Animals
BAND INTRO
HANDLE WITH CARE
CAROL
13 DAYS
KNOCKIN’ ON HEAVENS DOOR BY Bob Dylan
BRIGHT LIGHTS BIG CITY
HONEY BEE -
MELINDA - new song
WALLS -
CALL ME THE BREEZE -
LEARNIN’ TO FLY
DON’T COME AROUND HERE
REFUGEE
RUNNIN’ DOWN A DREAM
Encore
AMERICAN GIRL
YOU WRECK ME

If you can ever see a show at the Borgata event center go for it. It is really small and the sound is great. Pearl jam is playing in October and I might have to try and scalp tickets.

I need to see Pearl Jam there. NEED TO. I'm one of the biggest fans around. Somehow, have to find tickets!
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:38 pm

I'm gonna go see or listen to petty with the blackcrowes at red rocks here in denver...

probably just sit behind on the mountain and listen for free...cool anyways!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Minor League Skilz » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:42 pm

ACS,

Sitting in the mountains listening to Petty sound pretty good. I heard Red Rocks is a cool place to see a show but I have never been there.

POker,

I have never seen Pearl jam but that is on my list of things to do before i die. I saw tix going for 300 on e-bay.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:07 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:ACS,

Sitting in the mountains listening to Petty sound pretty good. I heard Red Rocks is a cool place to see a show but I have never been there.

POker,

I have never seen Pearl jam but that is on my list of things to do before i die. I saw tix going for 300 on e-bay.

I've seen Pearl Jam 7 times. I probably won't end up spending several hundred for these tickets though. Just too expensive.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RyanK » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:17 pm

acsguitar wrote:I'm gonna go see or listen to petty with the blackcrowes at red rocks here in denver...

probably just sit behind on the mountain and listen for free...cool anyways!

I saw that concert at the meadows in hartford about a month ago, great show.. very similar list to what minor leauge said..

guess he always plays american girl in his encores
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:20 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Minor League Skilz wrote:ACS,

POker,

I've seen Pearl Jam 7 times. I probably won't end up spending several hundred for these tickets though. Just too expensive.

Don't know if you noticed, but that is the "Alive Guy" in my avatar.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:46 pm

I've never been to a live show, but I do like most of his stuff. ;-D Just to show I actually do listen to something besides Zeppelin every now and then. :*)
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Phatferd » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:29 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:I've never been to a live show, but I do like most of his stuff. ;-D Just to show I actually do listen to something besides Zeppelin every now and then. :*)

I like Petty. He does a great job of just playing some good Rock N Roll.

Speaking of Zeppelin, I am a huge Zeppelin fan. I own every single one of their albums and that Coda release.

Just curious as to what your favorite Zeppelin songs are. I really like Tangerine and Over the Hills and Far Away. I would say III and Houses of the Holy are my favorite albums.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Minor League Skilz » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:36 am

If we are talking Zep my favorites are Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Dazed and Confused, When the Levee Breaks, and if I want to hear som ekick a$$ drums Moby Dick.

Ryan K,

The concerts are similar. I saw him at Jones Beach on LI the month before but he threw in a few that he usually doesn't do like Walls, Carol, 13 Days, Honey Bee. That was my 10 th Petty show and it was pretty memorable.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to General Talk