The Real Reason Why Women Squat Over Public Toilets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Real Reason Why Women Squat Over Public Toilets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Real Reason Why Women Squat Over Public Toilets

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:15 pm

StlToday.com wrote:Customer sues Denny's over burned buttocks
By Robert Patrick of the Post-Dispatch
07/27/2005

A Kansas woman sued Denny's Corp. and a local Denny's franchise owner Wednesday, claiming cleaning chemicals left on a Lake Saint Louis Denny's toilet seat burned her buttocks.

The lawsuit says Kathleen Williams, of Leavenworth County in Kansas, did not see the chemicals when she used the bathroom on Feb. 11, 2002, but felt them when she sat down.

Kansas lawyer Pedro Irigonegaray said that Williams had to be taken to the hospital "within moments" of sitting down. Irigonegaray said that Williams is a nurse with the Army.

The suit says Williams suffered chemical burns that resulted in serious and permanent injuries.

"Sadly, as a result of the chemical injury, nerves were injured that create a sensation of pain 24 hours a day," Irigonegaray said. Irigonegaray said that Williams has to take pain medication and wear special undergarments designed for burn victims.

The suit, filed against Denny's Corp. and Jomar Investments LLC in St. Louis Circuit Court, seeks more than $25,000 in damages. Irigonegaray said it was too early to be more specific.

The suit says Denny's employees were negligent in their use of the chemicals and their failure to warn customers of the danger. Irigonegaray said that the severity of Williams' injuries might suggest that several chemicals combined and had a synergistic effect.

Jomar Investments President Jim Erkman said he had not seen the lawsuit.

"I think it's a little premature to comment on that," he said.

Erkman said Jomar owns 15 restaurants in the area.

A spokesperson for Denny's could not be reached Wednesday evening.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:21 pm

I was expecting a really nasty picture. Glad to see that wasn't the case. Anyway............................

8-o 8-o 8-o

Crazy as this sounds, depending on how long she has to take the pain medication and wear all the special burn stuff, $25K sounds like a more than reasonable settlement for something of this nature and it did say some of the effects are permanent. If I was Denny's, I'd pay the $25K and be very happy that's all it cost.

Wouldn't want to be that lady though. Ouch! :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:31 pm

Madison wrote:I was expecting a really nasty picture. Glad to see that wasn't the case. Anyway............................

8-o 8-o 8-o

Crazy as this sounds, depending on how long she has to take the pain medication and wear all the special burn stuff, $25K sounds like a more than reasonable settlement for something of this nature and it did say some of the effects are permanent. If I was Denny's, I'd pay the $25K and be very happy that's all it cost.

Wouldn't want to be that lady though. Ouch! :-o

I agree. At least the way this article was spun, 25k seems like chump change. I was expecting to see 25 million. Pain 24 hours a day...youch. :-o
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:17 pm

Yet another reason it's good to be a man.

*high-fives everyone*
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:28 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Yet another reason it's good to be a man.

*high-fives everyone*

It was probably male urine on the seat.

*double high five everyone*

:-D

As for the suit amount, I thought that $25k seemed like less than she probably deserved for 24-hour-a-day pain. Even more so once you take out the lawyer's fees. That made me think that maybe she wasn't hurt as bad as she's letting on, and she's just hoping for a quick settlement with no investigation.

Just an idea...
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:32 pm

BTW, has anyone else tried to picture the horseshoe-shaped burn mark on her tuccus? It makes me laugh just thinking about it. I also get this visual image of Yosemite Sam running around with his rump on fire screaming, "My biscuits are burnin'! My biscuits are burnin'!"

Then, for some reason, I wonder to myself, "Horseshoe-shaped burn mark? Does that mean she could bring good luck by standing on her hands?"

I tell you what… I am way to imaginative for an Accountant… :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AT » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:44 pm

StlSluggers wrote:BTW, has anyone else tried to picture the horseshoe-shaped burn mark on her tuccus? It makes me laugh just thinking about it. I also get this visual image of Yosemite Sam running around with his rump on fire screaming, "My biscuits are burnin'! My biscuits are burnin'!"

Then, for some reason, I wonder to myself, "Horseshoe-shaped burn mark? Does that mean she could bring good luck by standing on her hands?"

I tell you what… I am way to imaginative for an Accountant… :-D

The second I read that I pictured a horshoe shaped red burn on her arse. :-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:04 pm

Ahh Dennys what a fine establishment
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:53 pm

Breakfast all the time ;-D
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LooseCannon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:08 pm

The title is ;-D ;-D .....I feel bad for her

and her husband (if she has one) :-P

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk