Cameron, Milledge, CGomez All Pulled? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cameron, Milledge, CGomez All Pulled?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cameron, Milledge, CGomez All Pulled?

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:32 am

Baseball Prospectus;

Posted Wednesday, July 27, 9:25 p.m.: The Rangers' Alfonso Soriano [Ed. Note: This was an error in communication. The player Will intended to refer to was the Mets' Mike Cameron. We apologize for the mistake.--JSS], along with Mets prospects Lastings Milledge and Carlos Gomez, were all pulled from the lineup before their respective games on Wednesday evening. That's all the information I have right now, but it could be a sign that something is happening.

Any confirmation? anything to come from this?
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:49 am

Cameron didn't play last night but Soriano did. Soriano was in Baltimore and Cameron was in Colorado so there was a 2 Hour difference in start times so there's a good chance it could've been done in that window. I'm anxious to see what develops.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:31 am

yes me too! im really hopin the deals cam, heilman, cgomez and milledge for soriano
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:42 am

Eww. I think that's overpaying personally. Anyway there are a couple of reports from different sources that negotiations between Texas and NY have broken off.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rlee » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:53 am

In articles today about Soriano, in both the NY Times and the NY Post are saying pretty much the same thing. Talks between the Mets and Rangers have cooled. The asking price for Soriano is too high. The Mets are hoping that the price will come down by Sunday. They both also say that there is a 50/50 chance the Mets will make no deals.

One of the problems the Mets have if they include Cameron in any Soriano trade, is who plays RF? Victor Diaz? Proven to be a streaky hitter and unreliable OF. It seems to me that they would almost be robbing from Peter to pay Paul here. :-S
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby AT » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:09 am

Marlon Anderson and Chris Woodward would spell Victor Diaz in RF. Remember that Diaz is still a young kid. He hasn't proven to be an inconsistent hitter, he's proven to be a young developing hitter. The kid just needs a chance and it's not like Cameron has been lighting up the scoreboard lately.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:18 am

Amazinz wrote:Eww. I think that's overpaying personally. Anyway there are a couple of reports from different sources that negotiations between Texas and NY have broken off.

No it isn't. Get Soriano. None of the players you're giving up will ever be the player Soriano is.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 119)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:24 am

I wouldn't mind the Mets trading Cammy or giving Diaz a full-time shot in RF. It frustrates me that the Mets are so hesitant to take a chance on the young players. If I had my way (and it looks like I might get it shortly) Anderson Hernandez would be given his shot at 2B. What do they have to lose? It's not like the Mets are getting good production from 2B anyway. The bad part of this proposed trade is Milledge. I realize that prospects aren't guarantees and Lastings might amount to nothing but I don't think Soriano is the answer for the Mets and Milledge is the Mets best offensive prospect. I don't mean to say that Texas doesn't do deserve good value for Soriano, they do, just that this move is probably not in the best interest of the Mets IMO.

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Eww. I think that's overpaying personally. Anyway there are a couple of reports from different sources that negotiations between Texas and NY have broken off.

No it isn't. Get Soriano. None of the players you're giving up will ever be the player Soriano is.

First of all, you don't know that and neither do I. It's a guessing game. Milledge is the best prospect in the Mets farm system and looks pretty damn special. I don't think he is someone you trade on a whim. Should he be untouchable? Absolutely not, if the right piece comes along you do it, obviously. SoriaNO is not the answer.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:26 am

exactly, diaz is a young talent, and id like to see him in rightfield when willie tells em 'this is your job'. he showed great promise early on, and you cant call him streaky since he hasnt had nearly enough time in the majors to tell what he is. he showed good power, not so good defense, and thats about it... i honestly dont think that asking price is too high!

Mets fans! Come on now! All i keep hearing is fellow Met fans complaining that were throwing away our future if we trade milledge, heilman, etc... Reyes, Wright, Beltran, and Soriano... now thats a future... Pedros here for 3 more years after this, prolly only 1-2 of which is still solid, Milledge wont make an impact till the latter part of that contract, our move needs to be made now! our pitching staff is shaping up greatly with Benson and VZams pitching very good, now add in Pedro and the best lineup in the NL East(with Sori) and thats a very good ball club... granted we could use some bullpen and maybe a more solid closer, but for right now this is bestcase scenario! Its not like Soriano is 35 years old here... hes 29! and according to Willie "He was like a son to me" Come On!!! combine that with Sori bein arbitration eligible at seasons end and thats when we Resign him till hes 35!!!

Last thing im sayin... over the last 5 years or so the Mets have had the oppurtunity to sign premeire players like ARod and Vlad... we passed... but this season we made a move for Beltran, finally... lets capitalize on that! With Piazza leaving after this year(most likely) we can afford Soriano! Its a must right now... put it this way, if the Mets are willing to give their best prospect last season for an unproven and wild VZams (Kazmir)... then why the hell wouldnt they do the same for a Solid Proven Super Star in the Majors, who can play in the bright lights NY!!!
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:30 am

[quote="Amazinz"]I wouldn't mind the Mets trading Cammy or giving Diaz a full-time shot in RF. It frustrates me that the Mets are so hesitant to take a chance on the young players. If I had my way (and it looks like I might get it shortly) Anderson Hernandez would be given his shot at 2B. What do they have to lose? It's not like the Mets are getting good production from 2B anyway. The bad part of this proposed trade is Milledge. I realize that prospects aren't guarantees and Lastings might amount to nothing but I don't think Soriano is the answer for the Mets and Milledge is the Mets best offensive prospect. I don't mean to say that Texas doesn't do deserve good value for Soriano, they do, just that this move is probably not in the best interest of the Mets IMO.

[quote="BronXBombers51"][quote="Amazinz"]Eww. I think that's overpaying personally. Anyway there are a couple of reports from different sources that negotiations between Texas and NY have broken off.

No it isn't. Get Soriano. None of the players you're giving up will ever be the player Soriano is.[/quote]

First of all, you don't know that and neither do I. It's a guessing game. Milledge is the best prospect in the Mets farm system and looks pretty damn special. I don't think he is someone you trade on a whim. Should he be untouchable? Absolutely not, if the right piece comes along you do it, obviously. SoriaNO is not the answer.[/quote]

ITS NOT A GUESSING GAME WITH SORIANO!!! IT IS WITH MILLEDGE!!! THATS THE POINT!!!

Soriano is the answer! Right now atleast... Whos a big FA the Mets can sign in the offseason? There arent any studs this year... this is their chance to get that much needed big bat to solidify their lineup... and in the offseason piece together the rest, cause after that its all small stuff... bullpen, rightfield/ifdiaz doesnt work, catcher, etc.
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers