A rant on Pokerstars freerolls.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A rant on Pokerstars freerolls....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:57 pm

Madison wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I have the worst beat...

me: QQ
him: A3

heads up for the tourney. Flop 10 10 Q. I hit the boat on the flop I am stoked. Turn, 10. River 10....He wins with 4 of a kind Ace kicker.

I wanted to find this guy and beat him.

What pissed me off was he had no piece of the hand. If he had one 10 I might not be AS MAD, but hell, he didn't have anything.

At least preflop the odds aren't that heavily weighted in your favor. That is a bad beat though. I just can't get over a 5 3 beating a QQ by hitting 4 threes on the flop... :-[

That's a rough beat Phatferd. :-P

I actually flopped quad 6's today to take out pocket aces. I had about $15,000 in chips and a guy went all in for a little under $3,000. We only needed to kill off one more person to reach the money and I was the chip leader, second place was around $8,000 in chips, so I took the gamble since I figured he had A/K or A/Q. He turns up aces, and I figured I just doubled up one of the small stacks since all I had was pocket 6's. Flop of 2/6/6 and an 8 on the turn sealed the deal for him. I was a huge underdog in that hand but lucked out. I did put his chips to good use and won the tourney, but it really did stink for the other guy. Poor schmuck. :-D

Wow, not bad! How many players were in this tourney? Was it one of the 10/1 tourneys you mentioned before?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:03 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Madison wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I have the worst beat...

me: QQ
him: A3

heads up for the tourney. Flop 10 10 Q. I hit the boat on the flop I am stoked. Turn, 10. River 10....He wins with 4 of a kind Ace kicker.

I wanted to find this guy and beat him.

What pissed me off was he had no piece of the hand. If he had one 10 I might not be AS MAD, but hell, he didn't have anything.

At least preflop the odds aren't that heavily weighted in your favor. That is a bad beat though. I just can't get over a 5 3 beating a QQ by hitting 4 threes on the flop... :-[

That's a rough beat Phatferd. :-P

I actually flopped quad 6's today to take out pocket aces. I had about $15,000 in chips and a guy went all in for a little under $3,000. We only needed to kill off one more person to reach the money and I was the chip leader, second place was around $8,000 in chips, so I took the gamble since I figured he had A/K or A/Q. He turns up aces, and I figured I just doubled up one of the small stacks since all I had was pocket 6's. Flop of 2/6/6 and an 8 on the turn sealed the deal for him. I was a huge underdog in that hand but lucked out. I did put his chips to good use and won the tourney, but it really did stink for the other guy. Poor schmuck. :-D

Wow, not bad! How many players were in this tourney? Was it one of the 10/1 tourneys you mentioned before?

It was a $10+$1 but it was only a sit and go. 27 people. Paid $100 for first, and it took under 2 hours, so no complaints from me. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk