A rant on Pokerstars freerolls.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A rant on Pokerstars freerolls....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A rant on Pokerstars freerolls....

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:35 am

I've never encountered this before:

Second hand of the tournament. I get dealt pocket Q's. Great. I raise up quite a bit to 120, assuming maybe getting one caller or two. Instead, I have everyone fold, except for one who goes all in. I call.

My hand: QQ
Her hand: 5 3 offsuit

Community Cards, In this order, no less:

3-3-3-7-Q

Unreal.

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A rant on Pokerstars freerolls....

Postby Invictus » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:37 am

pokerplaya wrote:I've never encountered this before:

Second hand of the tournament. I get dealt pocket Q's. Great. I raise up quite a bit to 120, assuming maybe getting one caller or two. Instead, I have everyone fold, except for one who goes all in. I call.

My hand: QQ
Her hand: 5 3 offsuit

Community Cards, In this order, no less:

3-3-3-7-Q

Unreal.

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

hahahah - that's just wrong. You played your hand for all it was worth. Sometimes your luck just runs out the door before you even sit down at the table some nights :-/ :-o
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:42 am

Pokerstars freerolls are not even worth the time to play. You have to finish in the top 9 out of anywhere from 3 thousand to 9 thousand people to get to the next level and in the next level the money isn't worth the time it takes to play the two tourneys.

As to your hand, it's a freeroll. Stinks you got knocked out like that, but what do you expect? Professional players? It's FREE! :-D Lol. :-b Going to be tons of Loony Tunes in those. At least half the field easily are nothing more than Loony Tunes doing crazy things.

Shake it off and go play the dollar or two dollar tourneys. You'd be amazed how easy it is to cash in those. I stick with the $10+$1's or larger, for the most part myself, and there are a lot less Loony Tunes in those.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:50 am

Madison wrote:Pokerstars freerolls are not even worth the time to play. You have to finish in the top 9 out of anywhere from 3 thousand to 9 thousand people to get to the next level and in the next level the money isn't worth the time it takes to play the two tourneys.

As to your hand, it's a freeroll. Stinks you got knocked out like that, but what do you expect? Professional players? It's FREE! :-D Lol. :-b Going to be tons of Loony Tunes in those. At least half the field easily are nothing more than Loony Tunes doing crazy things.

Shake it off and go play the dollar or two dollar tourneys. You'd be amazed how easy it is to cash in those. I stick with the $10+$1's or larger, for the most part myself, and there are a lot less Loony Tunes in those.

I just do it because I like to play. I have a lot of fun finishing at the final table every now and then, regardless of making money or not. It's simply enjoyable for me. I know I'm going to hit crazies left and right, don't get me wrong.

Right now, being unemployed, it's hard to justify spending ANY money on gambling. That, and since the only form of payment I have at my disposal is credit, my bank does not approve these transactions. That makes using Net-Teller an impossibility, and the only way I can get any money online is through E-Passport, and partypoker (which I hate, despite the amount of fish) which charges me some 10% for deposits. So, until I get all that nonsense straightened out, it seems as if playing for fun is all that I have.

But, just so I know when the time comes, which site offers this 1 or 2 dollar tourneys? I've looked around (only briefly, I realize) and all I can seem to find are super sattelittes to these huge events. I can never find a good tournament setting for a few dollars, that resembles the freerolls at pokerstars.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:03 am

pokerplaya wrote:I just do it because I like to play. I have a lot of fun finishing at the final table every now and then, regardless of making money or not. It's simply enjoyable for me. I know I'm going to hit crazies left and right, don't get me wrong.

Don't misunderstand, I used to play the freerolls all the time, and still do occasionally, just to keep in touch with what the crazies are doing. Nothing wrong with playing them, but bad beats happen quite a bit since most of those guys play any two cards. You may wipe out 19 of them, but then the 20-1 shot hits (like the odds state they will) and you're sunk.

Pokerplaya wrote:Right now, being unemployed, it's hard to justify spending ANY money on gambling. That, and since the only form of payment I have at my disposal is credit, my bank does not approve these transactions. That makes using Net-Teller an impossibility, and the only way I can get any money online is through E-Passport, and partypoker (which I hate, despite the amount of fish) which charges me some 10% for deposits. So, until I get all that nonsense straightened out, it seems as if playing for fun is all that I have.

Your bank refuses Neteller? 8-o I've never heard of that.......ever. You can use Neteller to buy all kinds of things online and there are a ton of stores that take Neteller as payment. Neteller is not only for online gaming. Really weird that your bank refuses them. I'd be in one of the offices standing on someone's desk and throwing a fit about how stupid that is, but that's me :-D .

Pokerplaya wrote:But, just so I know when the time comes, which site offers this 1 or 2 dollar tourneys? I've looked around (only briefly, I realize) and all I can seem to find are super sattelittes to these huge events. I can never find a good tournament setting for a few dollars, that resembles the freerolls at pokerstars.

Go to the tourneys tab at Pokerstars and scroll down. There's a $2+$0 No limit hold 'em tourney starting in 1 hour 58 minutes. 11:00 hours. There's a $1+$0 starting in 5 hours, 28 minutes at 14:30 hours (2:30 this afternoon depending on your timezone, it's 1:30 my time). They run them all the time. Most of them are in the evenings, but there are still some during the day. Enjoy! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:48 am

Ahh. I see it now. Guess I just didn't look hard enough. :-b

Anyways, regarding payment, I'm not using a checking account with Net Teller, so it changes everything. Apparently many credit cards are being denied because online gaming is frowned upon or could be considered "high risk." I don't know. It seems odd considering that Net Teller is for more than just e-gaming, but I've been denied multiple times before on my card. Once I get checks, it wouldn't be a problem and I'd be able to use Net Teller. But quite frankly, I'm too lazy and too broke to bother.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:51 am

pokerplaya wrote:Ahh. I see it now. Guess I just didn't look hard enough. :-b

Anyways, regarding payment, I'm not using a checking account with Net Teller, so it changes everything. Apparently many credit cards are being denied because online gaming is frowned upon or could be considered "high risk." I don't know. That is what I've read. Once I get checks, it wouldn't be a problem and I'd be able to use Net Teller. But quite frankly, I'm too lazy and too broke to bother.

Glad you found it ;-D .

Credit cards instead of a checking account? Yeah, I can see the problem there. I still know people who use credit cards to fund Neteller, so it just depends on the bank involved.

Here's hoping you get everything sorted out and the money comes rolling in soon when you land that dreamjob. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:15 pm

I have the worst beat...

me: QQ
him: A3

heads up for the tourney. Flop 10 10 Q. I hit the boat on the flop I am stoked. Turn, 10. River 10....He wins with 4 of a kind Ace kicker.

I wanted to find this guy and beat him.

What pissed me off was he had no piece of the hand. If he had one 10 I might not be AS MAD, but hell, he didn't have anything.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:29 pm

Phatferd wrote:I have the worst beat...

heads up for the tourney. Flop 10 10 Q. I hit the boat on the flop I am stoked. Turn, 10. River 10....He wins with 4 of a kind Ace kicker.

What pissed me off was he had no piece of the hand. If he had one 10 I might not be AS MAD, but hell, he didn't have anything.

At least preflop the odds aren't that heavily weighted in your favor. That is a bad beat though. I just can't get over a 5 3 beating a QQ by hitting 4 threes on the flop... :-[
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:48 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I have the worst beat...

At least preflop the odds aren't that heavily weighted in your favor. That is a bad beat though. I just can't get over a 5 3 beating a QQ by hitting 4 threes on the flop... :-[

That's a rough beat Phatferd. :-P

I actually flopped quad 6's today to take out pocket aces. I had about $15,000 in chips and a guy went all in for a little under $3,000. We only needed to kill off one more person to reach the money and I was the chip leader, second place was around $8,000 in chips, so I took the gamble since I figured he had A/K or A/Q. He turns up aces, and I figured I just doubled up one of the small stacks since all I had was pocket 6's. Flop of 2/6/6 and an 8 on the turn sealed the deal for him. I was a huge underdog in that hand but lucked out. I did put his chips to good use and won the tourney, but it really did stink for the other guy. Poor schmuck. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to General Talk