Funny Nicknames - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Funny Nicknames

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Funny Nicknames

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:07 am

Shadow of the Sun* wrote:
Invictus wrote:Maybe this is really random, but seeing as I generally have a lot of time to think... What if someone named - Kiko Martinez, or kevin Martinez came into baseball --- would his nickname follow Martha Stuart's franchise? K-Mart? or what about Mylo Rod? My-rod? ok ok so maybe the last one isnt plausible, but the first is. What are some funny nicknames you can come up with or have been called in your lifetimes? How did they come about?

My nickname is the Mongoose. The name came about when i "caught" a lieing "snake" - the guy was a complete idiot and said he hadn't stolen my wallet (8th grade, immature fool). I just reached into his back pocket (it was visible, don't worry lol :-o ), yanked it out and whapped in the face with it, and walked away. Kinda weird but funny in a way.

Kenyon Martin of the NBA goes by the nickname K-Mart.

Yeah, I was just going to say that.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tuff_gong » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:44 am

Well some of my friends that i've known for a long time call me Clay (my name is Clayton), I used to not like it, but i've gotten used to it. And also there is bird man/bird/birdini. This name was given to me due to my drunken antics at a party last summer where I put on a bird suit, and according to people's accounts, introduced myself as Clayton Birdman for the remainder of the night and tried to woo the ladies with my abilities to fly. I would mind that one if it wasn't for the great pictures that were taken that night. :-B

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:38 am

When I was in Basic Training, we were allowed to order PT shirts with nicknames on them. At the time, I was in great shape. I was always in the top 5% of my Company in PT scores. A lot of guys would say that they would beat me, and I would always place some trivial little bet with them because I was so sure I would win.

When T-Shirt time came, they all suggested that I get a nickname that's a play on my last name. My last name is Sherwood. My shirt read, "Confident Penis."
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Invictus » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:28 am

JTWood wrote:When I was in Basic Training, we were allowed to order PT shirts with nicknames on them. At the time, I was in great shape. I was always in the top 5% of my Company in PT scores. A lot of guys would say that they would beat me, and I would always place some trivial little bet with them because I was so sure I would win.

When T-Shirt time came, they all suggested that I get a nickname that's a play on my last name. My last name is Sherwood. My shirt read, "Confident Penis."

hahaha - wow, gotta love the military's spirit of competition. ;-D
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bosox888 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:43 am

Madison wrote:I had a buddy in high school who's name was Jeremy Case. Swore if he ever had a son, he'd name him Justin.

:-D

theres a kid in my class named justin case. it couldnt possibly be his son... :-?
bosox888
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:48 am

bosox888 wrote:
Madison wrote:I had a buddy in high school who's name was Jeremy Case. Swore if he ever had a son, he'd name him Justin.

theres a kid in my class named justin case. it couldnt possibly be his son... :-?

I doubt it. I may feel old, but I'm not that old. :-D

Hmm.....Actually I thought a little more about this, if you're around 13, then I guess it's possible, but that would mean Jeremy had a kid real quick out of high school. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bosox888 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:53 am

Madison wrote:
bosox888 wrote:

Hmm.....Actually I thought a little more about this, if you're around 13, then I guess it's possible, but that would mean Jeremy had a kid real quick out of high school. :-?

i am 13...
bosox888
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Invictus » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:58 am

Why am i suddenly somewhat frightened at the possible irony we may have uncovered. Man posts about nicknames and reunites two childhood friends. :-o :-? 8-o
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:06 am

bosox888 wrote:
Madison wrote:
bosox888 wrote:

i am 13...

How eerie is that? :-D Find out if his father's name is Jeremy, and you most likely will have your answer. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:16 pm

Madison wrote:
bosox888 wrote:
Madison wrote:
bosox888 wrote:

i am 13...

How eerie is that? :-D Find out if his father's name is Jeremy, and you most likely will have your answer. :-D

I swear that I heard the Twilight Zone music when I read this post.

8-o :-o
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk