Funny Nicknames - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Funny Nicknames

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Funny Nicknames

Postby Invictus » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:39 am

Maybe this is really random, but seeing as I generally have a lot of time to think... What if someone named - Kiko Martinez, or kevin Martinez came into baseball --- would his nickname follow Martha Stuart's franchise? K-Mart? or what about Mylo Rod? My-rod? ok ok so maybe the last one isnt plausible, but the first is. What are some funny nicknames you can come up with or have been called in your lifetimes? How did they come about?

My nickname is the Mongoose. The name came about when i "caught" a lieing "snake" - the guy was a complete idiot and said he hadn't stolen my wallet (8th grade, immature fool). I just reached into his back pocket (it was visible, don't worry lol :-o ), yanked it out and whapped in the face with it, and walked away. Kinda weird but funny in a way.
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:42 am

I had a buddy in high school who's name was Jeremy Case. Swore if he ever had a son, he'd name him Justin.

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:43 am

Mongoose is pretty cool... sounds like a prison nickname B-)

My friends call me Nza because my name is Nick and I listen to a considerable amount of Wu-Tang ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Invictus » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:47 am

Madison wrote:I had a buddy in high school who's name was Jeremy Case. Swore if he ever had a son, he'd name him Justin.

hahhaha - wow, that would be great. justin case of what though? he'd have to plan out a reason he had him... justin case :-). nice one mad ;-D
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Invictus » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:48 am

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Mongoose is pretty cool... sounds like a prison nickname B-)

My friends call me Nza because my name is Nick and I listen to a considerable amount of Wu-Tang ;-D

Nza... hmmm what would be my ghetto name. My name is Eric and i listen to a considerable amount of Red Hot Chili Peppers... that would make me - Eric's hot! nice! nothing but modesty here ;-7 O:-)
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:52 am

Invictus wrote:
Madison wrote:I had a buddy in high school who's name was Jeremy Case. Swore if he ever had a son, he'd name him Justin.

hahhaha - wow, that would be great. justin case of what though? he'd have to plan out a reason he had him... justin case :-). nice one mad ;-D

The funniest thing about that story is that it's true 8-o . I lost touch with Jeremy after we graduated high school, so I have no idea if he's got a son yet or not, or if he did do it or not, but he always swore he would, so who knows? :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:14 am

Madison wrote:
Invictus wrote:

The funniest thing about that story is that it's true 8-o . I lost touch with Jeremy after we graduated high school, so I have no idea if he's got a son yet or not, or if he did do it or not, but he always swore he would, so who knows? :-D

http://kevdb.infospace.com/info.dogpl/wp/results/kevdb?OTMPL=/wp/results.htm&QFM=N&QK=5&QN=Case&QF=Justin&KCFG=US&ran=823

If he did, he's not alone. 8o
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby theskaboss » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:19 am

Shermanator becuase I have red hair... :-/

I'm not a fan of that one at all... :-t :-t

Luckily it's died out pretty quickly...
Last edited by theskaboss on Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
theskaboss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:19 am

DK wrote:
Madison wrote:
Invictus wrote:

http://kevdb.infospace.com/info.dogpl/wp/results/kevdb?OTMPL=/wp/results.htm&QFM=N&QK=5&QN=Case&QF=Justin&KCFG=US&ran=823

If he did, he's not alone. 8o

Wow. Quite a few of them. Nice find DK. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Re: Funny Nicknames

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:57 am

Invictus wrote:Maybe this is really random, but seeing as I generally have a lot of time to think... What if someone named - Kiko Martinez, or kevin Martinez came into baseball --- would his nickname follow Martha Stuart's franchise? K-Mart? or what about Mylo Rod? My-rod? ok ok so maybe the last one isnt plausible, but the first is. What are some funny nicknames you can come up with or have been called in your lifetimes? How did they come about?

My nickname is the Mongoose. The name came about when i "caught" a lieing "snake" - the guy was a complete idiot and said he hadn't stolen my wallet (8th grade, immature fool). I just reached into his back pocket (it was visible, don't worry lol :-o ), yanked it out and whapped in the face with it, and walked away. Kinda weird but funny in a way.

Kenyon Martin of the NBA goes by the nickname K-Mart.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to General Talk