Zach Duke
18%
Willy Taveras
57%
Jason Ellison
2%

Total votes : 61

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:25 am

Tavares winning it is a joke; he's a below average leadoff hitter. It's Halsey (who has been the victim of 27 unearned runs) unless Duke continues to post great numbers down the stretch. Halsey's eaten a ton of innings on a team who has a terrible bullpen and is, in essence, the left-handed starter replacement for R.J.. Seeing as he leads his team in ERA, he's done a fine job.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theclefe » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:36 am

theskaboss wrote:
baseballnewb wrote:Tavares right now, but Weeks could overtake him.

If he can raise his BA, Weeks definatly has a very strong chance. Wow the Brewers are going to be good in a year or two... 8-o :-D :-D

don't expect him to anytime soon. He has had a poor contact rate in the minors and hasn't shown much improvement in the show I'm guessing, though I haven't been following him as much since I traded him. The kids got pop, but I don't see more than a .275 average out of him.

I'm the only one who voted for Brazobon? His Saves are low because of the few weeks Gagne was around and his ERA is high because he had two seperate weeks were he struggled. Aside from that, he has been failry good.

Halsey has been pretty good also. I don't have a problem with tavares, but I would have thought the vote to be more spread out. Francis is beating both of them with a 1.62 whip!?! 8-o
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Ender » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:55 am

Contact rate is only one part of batting average, he has tremendous speed and could have the fastest bat speed in baseball, both of which are going to give him a high BABIP.

However I don't think Weeks will win it, he started the year too late and he is too inexperienced. He didn't spend very much time at all in the minors so I expect it to take him a few years to reach his potential.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:51 am

tough choices here,,, but if i were voting now halsey would be my winner,,,,,but duke if he can stay hot,,,can definitely make a run at the rookie of the year in the 2nd half
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stevethumb » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:53 am

CLINT BARMES (dammit)
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:53 am

mweir145 wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:None of the above. Rickie Weeks by a mile. :-]

I was seriously considering adding him into the list, but then I checked out his stats, and they really weren't amazing, though I know he only started during mid-season.

Weeks stats since he started as as good as Cano, and he made the other list.

It would of been Barmes by a mile, but now I'd have to say Weeks is the safe bet.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bucsfan04 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:08 am

Gotta go with my man Duke :-D Actually, he could win if he continues to pitch the way he has. Weeks will probably get it, though.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Scooter1027 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:29 am

Yeah, I vote Rickie Weeks too. He's got some catching up to do, and is a bit cold at the moment, but I think he'll overtake Halsey and Tavares by the end of the season.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:19 pm

Of that list, Tavares. But I'd be surprised if he wins. At this point, no one stands out enough that I think there are plenty of people, with a good final two months, can sweep in and win. Weeks is one. Duke is another. One of the Braves rookies. Garrett Atkins, etc. Just too close to tell right now.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:27 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:Yeah, I vote Rickie Weeks too. He's got some catching up to do, and is a bit cold at the moment, but I think he'll overtake Halsey and Tavares by the end of the season.

I think Weeks has to bring his average up a bit more, but there is no doubt that he will be a candidate for this award by the end of the season.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers