Can you play video games without looking? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Can you play video games without looking?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:43 pm

Saw the kid on Sportscenter last night. Weird to watch him play while not even facing the screen :-S . I know he's blind, so it doesn't matter where he faces, just odd to actually see him face away from the screen, play, and win. :-S
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I wonder how he would do in MVP Baseball 2005.. :-?

I'd throw the ball in the dirt everytime and talk trash when he couldn't hit it!

Wow 8-o :-° :-t

hahah

hey its not so bad being blind....He must have superios hearing..and I was just joking!

haha :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:37 pm

Madison wrote:Saw the kid on Sportscenter last night. Weird to watch him play while not even facing the screen :-S . I know he's blind, so it doesn't matter where he faces, just odd to actually see him face away from the screen, play, and win. :-S

Maybe he's not really blind and he has a mirror on the wall that he's looking at. :-b Actually, that would be impressive, too. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:56 am

perlick29 wrote:I've seen it done before. One of my friends freshman year in college had played Contra for nintendo so much that I literally saw him beat the first 3 levels with a blindfold on and looking down. It was freakin awesome. I tried playing my claim to fame, (Mike Tyson's punch out) but it didnt exactly work correctly, I was only able to beat Glass Joe because, well, he's glass Joe.

Have beaten the game straight through a number of times however, and that is why I am lord of punch out. !+)

Never could beat Mike, or Mr. Dream, but I could get up to him. Once I did, I was toast.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:11 am

Irish wrote:Uh.....have you played soul caliber before?

It's a button mashers paradise.

Let's see him beat Mario Brothers and I'll be impressed. :-t

Sorry to be the downer, but anyone who has played that game knows you don't have to memorize much to do crazy combos. Maybe he plays alot of other games that weren't mentioned, but if not the blind boy gets no props.

EXACTLY, the kid probably can't play anygame that need you to actually see.

MVP baseball: he could get the pitching to perfection(timing, timing, timing) but there is no way he can hit properly(he might get a homer every three game out of luck) "Strike three, this send him back with nothing to show for that At bat." As Duane Kuiper would say
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:24 am

Madison wrote:Saw the kid on Sportscenter last night. Weird to watch him play while not even facing the screen :-S . I know he's blind, so it doesn't matter where he faces, just odd to actually see him face away from the screen, play, and win. :-S

what game did he play in Sportscenter? I'd be impressed if he can play any of the EA sports games.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:27 am

kingctb27 wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:This thread is sick......The guy is fricking BLIND and you guys are making fun of him...come on.

Exactly waht I was thinking, show some humanism, please.

The guy is blind, I am not making fun of him. But he certainly don't deserve that prop for playing soul caliber well. That's a game where if you get the first unprotected hit on the opponent, the opponent is a dead duck(assuming you are a good player, blind or not) because of all the fancy combos.

Again, it's not really an impossible task like the media make it out to be. My buddy beat me in the original in DC while blind folded. Although I wasn't a great player, there are plenty of people I can beat in that game.

Media overhype everything.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:47 am

hongfu_chen wrote:

what game did he play in Sportscenter? I'd be impressed if he can play any of the EA sports games.

They showed him playing Soul Caliber, but said he plays all kinds of games. I'd have rather seen him play something else too, but that's what they showed. Still looked odd when he didn't face the screen though. :-S
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:53 am

Madison wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:

They showed him playing Soul Caliber, but said he plays all kinds of games. I'd have rather seen him play something else too, but that's what they showed. Still looked odd when he didn't face the screen though. :-S

Exactly what my buddy did and he kicked my ass :~(
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:06 am

To answer the question, no I cannot play video games without looking.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk