quiet trade deadline - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

quiet trade deadline

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:01 pm

Reports have started popping up linking Dunn to the A's but this just doesn't fit. The A's would love to get this guy and now is their chance....although they are gonna have to shift a guy like Kielty or Payton to make room.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gws226 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:05 pm

stevethumb wrote:i love the soriano to the mets rumor...baseballprospectus said soriano lmilledge and cgomez were removed from tonite's game early..can anyone confirm this ?

They've been talking about this all day on the FAN in NY, I mean hours and hours.... I found it funny how Brown signs with the knicks and it only gets 5 mins of airtime.

Gotta give it to those Yankees fans to get on the phone and somehow convince themselves that they should have soriano...... does he pitch too? ;-D

Anyways, with all the talk going on etc etc, there was no confirmed news of anything..... Willie did come on the air to say "ishii is on a short leash, and that Soo will be replacing him he lineup @ some point"

The last rumor of the night before the game started was "Heilman, Zambrano, Cameron/milledge" for soriano.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:14 pm

gws226 wrote:The last rumor of the night before the game started was "Heilman, Zambrano, Cameron/milledge" for soriano.

There was no mention of Zambrano today on the FAN. The report was that the Rangers were asking for Cameron, Heilman and Milledge. I'd pull the trigger in a split second if I were the Mets on that deal.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby gws226 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:16 pm

It was mentioned more then once by Mike & Dog, then again by whats-his-face before the pregame.

personally, I would rather see VZam go over heilman..... but its probably a case of 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stevethumb » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:53 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
gws226 wrote:The last rumor of the night before the game started was "Heilman, Zambrano, Cameron/milledge" for soriano.

There was no mention of Zambrano today on the FAN. The report was that the Rangers were asking for Cameron, Heilman and Milledge. I'd pull the trigger in a split second if I were the Mets on that deal.
...that looks like a good trade for both teams..c'mon get it done !!
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:22 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:

I'd also pull the trigger if I was the Mets here. Milledge should be a special player someday, but you have to give to get. That said, just because the Fan is talking about it, doesn't mean it has anymore of a shot than if they hadn't. They talk things up constantly, and they rarely ever come to fruition.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:45 am

It seems to me that a great majority of the comments I have read from GM's, is that they aren't to concerned with the 'non-waiver' trading deadline. It has actually become increasingly easier year in and year out, to trade after the non-waiver deadline, since almost every player passes through waivers anyways. The non waiver deadline has recently become more media hype than anything. Will there be a few deals, sure, but I expect there to be more activity after the deadline.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Postby bleach168 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:20 am

wrveres wrote:It seems to me that a great majority of the comments I have read from GM's, is that they aren't to concerned with the 'non-waiver' trading deadline. It has actually become increasingly easier year in and year out, to trade after the non-waiver deadline, since almost every player passes through waivers anyways. The non waiver deadline has recently become more media hype than anything. Will there be a few deals, sure, but I expect there to be more activity after the deadline.

Good point.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby theclefe » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:33 am

RynMan wrote:Reports have started popping up linking Dunn to the A's but this just doesn't fit. The A's would love to get this guy and now is their chance....although they are gonna have to shift a guy like Kielty or Payton to make room.

I don't see how Dunn fits in Oakland. Doesn't seem like a moneyball guy.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:25 am

I also listened to the fan yesterday, and Zambrano was not mentioned in the most recent trade talks. and why would you rather have Zambrano go over Heilman? Heilman doesnt have a solid role with the Mets, and he hasnt proven that hes anything spectacular, plus u need VZams to stay in the rotation so when Trachsel comes back he can take Ishiis spot. also Willie never outright said Seo would take Ishiis spot, he said Maybe well give other guys such as Seo a chance. the biggest thing said by Willie on the Fan yesterday, which is HUGE!... and i Quote;

Willie Randolph on Alfonso Soriano "He's a Tremendous Talent... and Was Like a Son to Me"

if this doesnt finally make all the skeptical mets fans believe we Need soriano to have a serious run, nothing will. Plus lets be realistic, with Sori eligible for arbitration at the end of the year, sign em for another good 4-6 years and youll have Beltran, Soriano, Wright, and Reyes! makes too much sense. Milledge will be good, Heilman im still unsure of, and i love Cameron but if these are the 3 wed have to give up to get Soriano, DO IT!
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers