INGE Owners..... It's time to worry. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

INGE Owners..... It's time to worry.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

INGE Owners..... It's time to worry.

Postby KaiserSoze » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:24 pm

Brandon Inge (C) Det will be moved from the leadoff spot to the ninth spot in the order once Placido Polanco comes off the DL today, according to the Detroit News. Inge has hit just .193 since June 24. Polanco will move into the No. 1 spot, and if everyone stays healthy, he just may stay there for the rest of the year.
-Rototimes

:~(

Inge has already been slumping badly, and now he will be hitting 9th in the order? I'm worried. If this happens, is it time to drop him for Kendall or Pierzynski?
KaiserSoze
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:26 pm

Really just means he gets 1 less AB a game on avg. Since most people are playing him as a C, there is likely not much that you can do about it except hope he comes out of his slump like any other player that goes cold.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KaiserSoze » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:28 pm

It means more than 1 AB. This will greatly affect his run production.
KaiserSoze
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:34 pm

How so?

Leadoff vs #9...Polanco now hits after him and if he is hitting there is not much difference there in how many times Inge gets driven in.

As to rbis...who was he driving in before?...the 7,8,9 hitters of the Tigers. Infante, Granderson and DY? Same guys in play except Infante will be gone and he is one closer to IRod or RonDL. I do not see this as a big hit except for the fact that he gets 1 less opportunity a game to drive in runs or score. It is not going to help his value out for sure. However greatly affecting his production numbers I do not think it really is the case. The players around him in the order really are not changing much and might actually be improving some.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KaiserSoze » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:45 pm

Well you're the only one I've talked to who feels that way. Compare any #1 and #9 hitter and you'll realize how big of a difference it makes.
KaiserSoze
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EnFuego » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:49 pm

KaiserSoze wrote:Well you're the only one I've talked to who feels that way. Compare any #1 and #9 hitter and you'll realize how big of a difference it makes.

I'm with TheYanks04...yes people make a big deal about it...but it really is just one less AB.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pangbones » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:50 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:How so?

Leadoff vs #9...Polanco now hits after him and if he is hitting there is not much difference there in how many times Inge gets driven in.

As to rbis...who was he driving in before?...the 7,8,9 hitters of the Tigers. Infante, Granderson and DY? Same guys in play except Infante will be gone and he is one closer to IRod or RonDL. I do not see this as a big hit except for the fact that he gets 1 less opportunity a game to drive in runs or score. It is not going to help his value out for sure. However greatly affecting his production numbers I do not think it really is the case. The players around him in the order really are not changing much and might actually be improving some.

I agree. He'll lose at bats, but the runs should be similar as long as he's getting on base.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Drunken Rhino » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:51 pm

Ok, so he hits out the #9 hole every day in the Tigers lineup, which will benefit your fantasy lineup at the C position more than another Catcher (Kendall, Pierzynski) who plays ALMOST every day.

That's always been the lure to Inge. He plays 3B but qualifies at C that way you don't lose out on possible games from that position.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:52 pm

I don't think this affects his value that much, either. Just pretend Inge is batting leadoff and Shelton is now the #4 hitter. Does that make you feel better? Really everything around him will be the same, it's just one less AB a game.

I'm more worried about the fact that he's been stinking up the place than the fact that he's moving to ninth in the lineup. I'm just glad he got me through VMart's horrible first couple months of the season...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby KaiserSoze » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:56 pm

Just watch and see. And take a look at Infante... }:-)
KaiserSoze
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers