Brown out indefinitely? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brown out indefinitely?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brown out indefinitely?

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:06 pm

Rotoworld:
Kevin Brown (back) is now ''out indefinitely'' after meeting with his doctor.
He reportedly got a very unfavorable report on the condition of his back, although no one is disclosing details. It's possible he needs surgery and his season is over, as the Yankees pitching woes continue. Jul. 27 - 12:11 pm et

This is a bad thing for the Yanks?

So tell me again what a great selection Brown was in the draft? Where have all those people gone? And where is the Rotoworld guy that recommended him despite not knowing which hand he broke last season?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:10 pm

The Yankees just keep getting beaten to death with their pitching. I've heard rumors that the Yankees will sign the newly released Hideo Nomo to combat Brown being out. Wow! who would have though that.

Hideo Nomo may not have much left, but the Yankees think he might be better than what they have. -- New York Post
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 133)

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:12 pm

No, anytime Brown misses a start it is always a good thing for the team he is playing for.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby stumpak » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:13 pm

I don't know where those guys are since apparantly they are not hanging out with the guy who said Vazquez would be worthless this year because he is so gutless.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:20 pm

Yeah well if you think Mr Vaz and his 4.4 ERA, 1.2 WHIP and 9 W/9L record are so valuable (esp since you probably blew a round 7-11 pick on him) knock yourself out.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:23 pm

I don't think this is bad for the Yanks at all.......they get to find another pitcher and hope for the best.at least they have a chance at success unlike Brown who is hopeless.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:29 pm

Havok1517 wrote:The Yankees just keep getting beaten to death with their pitching. I've heard rumors that the Yankees will sign the newly released Hideo Nomo to combat Brown being out. Wow! who would have though that.

Hideo Nomo may not have much left, but the Yankees think he might be better than what they have. -- New York Post

Nomo...man has been shot sinc ethe surgery. Cashman would only be kidding himself once again.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EnFuego » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:54 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:The Yankees just keep getting beaten to death with their pitching. I've heard rumors that the Yankees will sign the newly released Hideo Nomo to combat Brown being out. Wow! who would have though that.

Nomo...man has been shot sinc ethe surgery. Cashman would only be kidding himself once again.

Nomo and Leiter...who would have thought in the beginning of the season...
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stumpak » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:58 pm

You forget about the fact that Vazquez is one pace for 200+ Ks.

Vazquez is the #16 ranked SP in 5x5. He is no Santana, but he is a solid #2 starter. I would take that the 11th round anytime.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:05 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you but what other choices do they have? Bring up Sean Henn again? I don't think so. They have 6 pitchers and only 2 of them are healthy. There isn't a whole lot you can do.

Hopefully they can entice Pittsburgh to give us Redman or something because they are in bad, bad shape. Brown should just retire right now. Piece of s#!t. :-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers