Time to ditch Odalis or what? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Time to ditch Odalis or what?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:59 am

Not a bad line from a guy you're contemplating ditching... :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d18Mike » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:38 am

Perez is a Homer.

Although its less pronounced than it was a few years ago, his lifetime ERA is more than 1.00 higher on the road. I wasn't lucky enough to draft him this year but he has been a 'mainstay" of my staffs in the past when used selectively.

2-3 years ago Peter Gammons was touting Perez as a future Pedro. Because of injuries and inconsistency, that will likely never happen. But the guy has great stuff when he can pull it together.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Drunken Rhino » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:51 am

The guy's made 5 starts since coming off the DL. He's 2-1.

@ Col, @ Hou, home vs. SF, @ Phi and home vs. Cin. I don't know about you, but unless it's my ace, I don't normally pitch guys at Coors, Funron and Philly b/c they're bandboxes. Coming off the DL, pitching in those parks, I'll cut him a little slack.

I wouldn't worry about him. He may get a lot of ND, but he'll help your ERA & WHIP much more than any pitcher you pick up off waivers at this point to replace him.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:01 am

I usually only start Odalis at home unless the road match-up is overwhelmingly in his favor. I missed his last terrific start, but put him out there tonight.. If you always start the man in LAD, you'll be safe.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:02 am

Drunken Rhino wrote:I wouldn't worry about him. He may get a lot of ND, but he'll help your ERA & WHIP much more than any pitcher you pick up off waivers at this point to replace him.

i agree ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stumpak » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:47 am

I bought him low and he has turned in two nice starts, which enabled me to make a 300 lbs. contribution to my league's waiver wire in the form of CC Sabathia.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davus » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:02 am

stumpak wrote:I bought him low and he has turned in two nice starts, which enabled me to make a 300 lbs. contribution to my league's waiver wire in the form of CC Sabathia.

lol

;-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Secret Avatar » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:03 am

Why dump him now, after two very solid starts after coming off the DL? I drafted him this season, and had to watch him sit on the DL for a month, but I like what I'm seeing now. ;-D
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:21 am

d18Mike wrote:
2-3 years ago Peter Gammons was touting Perez as a future Pedro.

Not sure how true this is but if Gammons really compared Oddie to Pedro then that's really funny.

Oddie is a lefty who throws 91-92 and does not have nearly the command that Pedro has. The two could not be any more different.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers