Finally dropping Lilly, who should I pick up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Finally dropping Lilly, who should I pick up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Finally dropping Lilly, who should I pick up?

Postby Quaker » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:09 am

I've finally decided to drop Lilly after tonight's performance. I haven't started him in a month anyway, so he's been worthless to me but not detrimental.
Which SP should I pick up to replace him? The top 5 pitchers on the WW, in order of Yahoo ranking, are:
Pavana
Matt Kinney
Brian Lawrence
Jake Peavy
Brad Penny

I'm in a points league, points for wins, CG, SHO, Ks, GIDP, negative points for homers. ERA doesn't matter.
None of these guys are that appealing to me. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe some sleepers? I've been thinking about picking up the A's Harang.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:12 am

Is Webb or Willis availiable?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Quaker » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:17 am

Neither one. Willis just got picked up this morning, Webb's been long gone. I've been thinking about dropping Lilly since mid May, so I've missed out on both of them. I blew that one.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:22 am

Well, this goes another direction, but if you could use some saves, Francisco Cordero is probably availiable and he will be closing for the Rangers after they trade Urbina. Urbina is practically guaranteed to be traded as soon as Monday. Cordero will close after that. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Quaker » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:28 am

Saves aren't big points, so I'd prefer a SP, although if I can't find one I like, I may go with Cordero. I currently have 5 closers, but one of them is Eldred, who's guaranteed to lose his job, and another is Borowski, who's also pretty much guaranteed to lose his job. I'll probably wait on Cordero though, make sure Urbina will be traded. The second I here confirmation, I'll get him... I doubt anyone in my league will pick him up on speculation.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

wait a minute

Postby fb genius » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:43 am

could i see your roster? You might want to keep Lilly afterall. I didn't start him last night just because of the braves, but you might just want to keep him. The A's are gonna be the hottest team in baseball after the all-star break. Everyone gets hot. Tejada will be looking like the MVP, Chavez will be blasting homeruns, Byrnes will be stealing bags (not too many) and the big 3 will dominate the league. If you look back at Lilly's performances, he has pitched some quality starts. Remember the pitcher's duel against dontrelle willis. He almost shut them down, the same lineup Mulder blew up against. All I'm saying is, if ERA doesnt matter, and if you want wins and Ks, keep Lilly. Just start him against easy opponents. And remember, it's just interleague. When the A's get back to pitching against teams like anaheim, kansas and tampa bay, theyll be the hottest team in the league. They are a second-half team, afterall.
fb genius

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Quaker » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:42 pm

C- Ramon Hernandez
1b- Giambi
2b- Vidro
3b- Pujols
SS- Aurilia
LF- Garrett Anderson
CF- Wells
RF- Abreu
OF- Giles
IF- Dunn
Util- Phelps
Bench- Ibanez, Ensberg, Jose Hernandez
DL- Hinske

SPs-Mulder, Millwood, Wolf, Meche, Buerhle, Lilly
RP- Foulke, Jimenez, Politte, Eldred, Borowski

For the past month I've only been starting Mulder, Millwood, Wolf, and Meche, and I'm 47 over projected innings.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers