100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clement

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mamorris » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:01 am

pokerplaya wrote:
nsulham wrote:
dannyolbb wrote:x-rays are negative.

That's just amazing to me. A ball traveling that fast collides with someone's face and nothing is broken. Unbelievable.

Yeah, he is the luckiest guy around right now. So to speak.... !+)

That smilie is pretty appropriate when you think about it. (Please excuse my sense of humour.)
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RyanK » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:03 am

hopefully he didnt have too bad a concussion, when i got one from hockey i had a good two week head ache and during that time, occasionally the room or whatever i was looking at would start spinning, mine was quite a bad concussion.. hopefully he has nothing near that
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Octavian » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:20 am

RyanK wrote:hopefully he didnt have too bad a concussion, when i got one from hockey i had a good two week head ache and during that time, occasionally the room or whatever i was looking at would start spinning, mine was quite a bad concussion.. hopefully he has nothing near that

I'm pretty sure his bell was rung quite well, he's going to miss some time with PCS. I mean... he was absolutely drilled. :-o
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BobbyRoberto » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:34 am

It looked worse than when Hafner took one to the face, and Hafner's on the DL, still experiencing dizziness.

As for Schilling to the rotation, it doesn't sound like something Francona wants to do. I'm surprised that they used Schilling 2 days in a row for 2 innings both times. After watching Chad Bradford give up the grand-slam to Aubrey Huff, I'd say the Sox need some relief help as well.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:26 am

SOSH is reporting that he said "Honey, I forgot to duck" to Tito Francona before he was taken off the field on a stretcher. They also report that the ball hit him right behind the ear, which is the thickest part of the skull. Seeing that brought back images of Florie getting hit in the face. That just reminds me how worse this could have been for Clement.

Get well soon Matt.

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers