Question for Yankees fans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Question for Yankees fans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:58 am

it of course doesn't change the fact that Giambi and Sheff are KNOWN steriod freaks, and we have a number of posters here that are hypocritcal about that whole situation .. ;-7
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:24 am

Lots of guys used steroids and only a handful have admitted it. Giambi admitted it, took his lumps like a man, hit rock bottom, lost everything he had and asked for a second chance after being forthcoming about his indiscretions. Now he's getting his redemption by proving that he can do it without steroids and that hard work can pay off because that's exactly what it took for him to get back to where he is now. He's always been a likeable guy and a good teammate, been good to fans and the media and it's not like he's the only guy who did it. But he was only one of a couple guys who stood up about it and the only active player who man'd up to it. What's wrong with a guy making a mistake, taking accountability for it, and having a redemption? I say good for him.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby waterproof » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:39 am

"Jason Giambi leads the AL in home runs (11), on-base percentage (.532) and slugging percentage (.914) since June 25. Meanwhile, Vlad Guerrero is hitting just .121 (7-for-58) in his last 15 games and hasn't had a multi-hit game since July 6."

Why cheer that? }:-)

Drop Morneau?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=150646
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WharfRat » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:56 am

waterproof wrote:"Jason Giambi leads the AL in home runs (11), on-base percentage (.532) and slugging percentage (.914) since June 25. Meanwhile, Vlad Guerrero is hitting just .121 (7-for-58) in his last 15 games and hasn't had a multi-hit game since July 6."

Why cheer that? }:-)

Because I'm not an Angels fan...? :-?
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:06 am

DannyMyron89 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:gotta love new york fans...cheer giambi, boo jeter and rivera. ;-7

those werent yankee fans, they were rich snobs sitting in the expensive seets (coorporate assholes) when mo blew the saves early this year against boston, never will a real fan ever think of booing mo or jeter...

also like others said it was a great story about giambi comming back from a fall none of us can fathom, also the fact he was not a jerk about it like Bonds, and he always was good with the media and answered all questions thrown at him to the best he could... (the only reason he apologized for "nothing" was because of legal stuff, but it was clear he was apoligizing for juicing)

and its new york if you perform your loved, and if you cant take the heat, get out

Yeah seriously...because when the playoffs come everybody knows that with those two on their side they're set.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MMoNeY24 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:34 pm

wrveres wrote:lol ...

They (fans) cheered for Phil Nevin when his name was announced in tonights lineup.

They gave him a standing ovation when he came up for his first AB ..

Now that he has grounded into a double play and left 5 men on base, the boos are out ... :-o

Its baseball ...
Its a fact of life ...

Oh yeah
The Yankees Suck

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo O:-)

That's crazy... I still can't believe that the Padres tried to unload Nevin three (?) times and he's unphased by the fact that they don't want him there anymore. I just don't understand how you can play somewhere that wants you out.

Oh, and last time I checked the Padres are 2-8 in their last 10 and can't push a run across the plate if their lives depended on it. Happy trails at .500 - you're lucky that division is the worst in all of pro sports. :-)
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AT » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:21 pm

DannyMyron89 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:gotta love new york fans...cheer giambi, boo jeter and rivera. ;-7

those werent yankee fans, they were rich snobs sitting in the expensive seets (coorporate assholes) when mo blew the saves early this year against boston, never will a real fan ever think of booing mo or jeter...

also like others said it was a great story about giambi comming back from a fall none of us can fathom, also the fact he was not a jerk about it like Bonds, and he always was good with the media and answered all questions thrown at him to the best he could... (the only reason he apologized for "nothing" was because of legal stuff, but it was clear he was apoligizing for juicing)

and its new york if you perform your loved, and if you cant take the heat, get out

I was at that game and it wasn't a smattering of the high rolling seats booing rivera. I can tell you that I was in the RF Bleachers and almost everyone out there was in shock that not only was Mo getting beaten up, but that people were booing him. There were actually people shouting at the booers for having no class and no respect from the RF Bleachers where I was. The Booes were coming from all over, a lot from the 3B side of the lower level from what I remember but generally speaking there were pockets of booers all over the stadium that night. It was pretty disgraceful, but the section I was in out in RF was not booing at all. I've sat in the corporate "holes where doodie comes out of" seats and noone ever says a peep there. No cheers, booes, nothing emotional. Just a smattering of clapping when everyone else claps. I doubt they were the ones booeing Rivera.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:49 pm

wrveres wrote:it of course doesn't change the fact that Giambi and Sheff are KNOWN steriod freaks, and we have a number of posters here that are hypocritcal about that whole situation .. ;-7

Wow, being .500 really has made you bitter...

“The Yankees are the French of Major League Baseball ..
Arrogant, Condescending, Self-important!
A former power that cannot accept mediocrity!”

If accepting mediocrity means winning over 100 games the last three years, sign me up. ;-D ;-D
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby winfield31 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:08 pm

Just curious why there is no conversation about why people still cheered for and liked Sammy Sosa after his broken bat revealed that it was corked? The constant Yankee scrutiny/double standard is always funny to me.
winfield31
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers