Where's Delmon get drafted for 2006 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where's Delmon get drafted for 2006

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:12 pm

Webster11 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
baseballnewb wrote:Yes Weeks does have as much upside, his minor league coaches say they would not be surprised for him to put up a 40 HR, 30 SB year in the majors, .

i dont have him anywhere near those numbers in the future.... i really cant see him having any more than about 20 homers in a season for his career high.... and i also disagree about the talent level between weeks and young...... i guess we will just have to see what the future holds......

Not more than 20? Hes already hit 7 in 156 abs, which projects to 23 hrs in 500 abs and hes just a rookie. Scouts say his bat speed will lead to big home run numbers, some say 40. I see something more like 30-30 in a few years though.

I see 30/30 in the future also. Rump is just a Weeks hater don't listen to him ;-7 The only thing I'm slightly worried about with Weeks is that he's already made something like 13 errors at 2B. Hopefully that will improve and the Brewers don't consider changing his positition. He will be much more valuable at 2B than he would be in the OF.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:16 pm

With his speed and ability, I honestly see the Brewers making him an OF in the future. My guess, is that he hits the weights hard and becomes a solid future OF. His defense is terrible at second.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:46 am

Webster11 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
baseballnewb wrote:Yes Weeks does have as much upside, his minor league coaches say they would not be surprised for him to put up a 40 HR, 30 SB year in the majors, .

i dont have him anywhere near those numbers in the future.... i really cant see him having any more than about 20 homers in a season for his career high.... and i also disagree about the talent level between weeks and young...... i guess we will just have to see what the future holds......

Not more than 20? Hes already hit 7 in 156 abs, which projects to 23 hrs in 500 abs and hes just a rookie. Scouts say his bat speed will lead to big home run numbers, some say 40. I see something more like 30-30 in a few years though.

156 abs is not alot of atbats to make a full season projection imo.... i can remember last year when everybody was trying to turn morneau into a 50 home run hitter due to his hot start after his call up...... i still live by my original part of 20 homers will be his tops......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby baseballnewb » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:51 am

You can stand by 20 HR, but anyone that has seen him swing a bat and anyone that saw his 450 HR and all of his coaches and most major league scouts all disagree with you.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:01 am

baseballnewb wrote:You can stand by 20 HR, but anyone that has seen him swing a bat and anyone that saw his 450 HR and all of his coaches and most major league scouts all disagree with you.

i have watched him swing the bat several times,,,,, and i assume u meant the 450 foot HR he hit and not the 450 hrs he has hit.... but last year i was in tampa bay watching my drays play.... and in batting practice toby hall hit a awesome 475 foot shot or so,,, but that does not mean i project him to be a 30 HR a guy in the future or so...... but just remember how bad weeks looked just last year,,,before we start annointing him the next ryne sandberg.... ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Cow » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:25 pm

Those of you thinking that you are going to get Young in the the 12th, 15th, 18th or even the end of the draft are just not going to get him. He will not last past the 6th or 7th round tops, especially in a keeper. Somebody will draft him and draft him early. If you want him you are going to have to spend alot higher pick on him than you think. All it takes is one guy in your league to reallt like him and there will be one.

Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:20 pm

DaQ locked him up for 5 years starting this year in my contract league. I'd say there are probably some other dynasty-type leagues out there where you're not going to find this guy anywhere near the draft.

That said, in my 4-keeper/team league, I would take him 18th-20th next year, and I most definitely would not keep him this year.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:26 pm

In my 4 team keeper, ill look to draft him maybe in the 14th next year. If he has a guaranteed starting job, maybe even the 12th-13th round. Im a risk taker and would love to have him in my lineup for the next few years.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby rotterdam_82 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:59 pm

If he gets the starting job, I'd be happy with him as a 3rd outfielder which means a 8/9 round pick re-draft. If he flops I'm sure I'll find somthing on the wire, you always do right?

I think I'll take him 7th round if he's there in my new 12 team keeper.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers