MANNY WANTS OUT..... AGAIN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MANNY WANTS OUT..... AGAIN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby uucrook3d » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:25 am

just wanna reiterate that i believe phillips was showing that a deal is possible not that these are actually gonna happen but i agree they are laughable.
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:27 am

uucrook3d wrote:ok, take this for what its worth, but steve phillips was on cold pizza giving possible manny trade scenerios. here are the three he came up with:

yanks get manny
sox get sheff anf gordon

dodgers get manny and bellhorn
sox get kent, odalis and werth

mets get manny
giants get zambrano
cubs get flloyd
drays get patterson
sox get alfonzo, rusch, baez and cameron

i doubt any of these are very likely and the last one is a joke but i think he was showing that a deal for manny is possible to do. also, after phillips was done with his segment woddy paige said he knew why he wasnt a gm anymore. ZING!!!

The Sox make out like bandits in all of those. Trading Manny really isn't possible unless the Sox pay some of his salary or trade him to the Yankees; and we all know the Sox and Yankees wouldn't make a deal.

Anyway, as a Yankee fan, I wouldn't even trade Gordon alone for Manny, given his contract, much less a much cheaper and arguably better this season, Gary Sheffield as well.

Again, I think he's untradable unless a. the Sox pay half his salary or b. they trade him to the Yankees for nothing but salary relief. And I think we all recognize that neither of those things are going to happen.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby uucrook3d » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:41 am

ok how about this one.

mets get many(19 mil this year)
shoppach(minimum)
millar (3.5 mil)
total=about 23 mil

sox get piazza(16 mil)
cameron(7.3)
reyes
total= about 23 mil

i think piazza could be a very productive dh, put ortiz at 1b because he cant be a wrose fielder than millar, reyes at 2b, improves of defense..... mets get a superstar of which goes along with their latin american player movement. they get there catcher of the future...... ive seen worse trades
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:44 am

The Mets are NOT trading Reyes. Don't even bring it up.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby uucrook3d » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:03 pm

ok i have nothing better to do right now so i am going to try and come up with as many plausible manny trades as possible.

rangers get manny and bellhorn(total cost= 23.5 mil)
sox get soriano, mench, and *gag* park(total cost= 22.8)

i hate having to include park's albatross but it comes off the books after next year. this would only work though if the sox could sign soriano to an extension. getting mench at that pric is incredible though.
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:04 pm

uucrook3d wrote:ok how about this one.

mets get many(19 mil this year)
shoppach(minimum)
millar (3.5 mil)
total=about 23 mil

sox get piazza(16 mil)
cameron(7.3)
reyes
total= about 23 mil

i think piazza could be a very productive dh, put ortiz at 1b because he cant be a wrose fielder than millar, reyes at 2b, improves of defense..... mets get a superstar of which goes along with their latin american player movement. they get there catcher of the future...... ive seen worse trades

Not even close. Manny has 3 years left on his contract ofr $60M. The Sox would have to eat a signficant portion of the contract to get anything decent in return.

Not sure why everyone thinks Reyes is garbage. He plays great D at SS and is not a complete liability on offense and on base paths. I would never dream about trading him for Manny and his $60M contract. Never ever.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby uucrook3d » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:06 pm

i dont think reyes is garbage. i like him a lot. how many years does piazza have left?
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:18 pm

uucrook3d wrote:i dont think reyes is garbage. i like him a lot. how many years does piazza have left?

This is his last year. And Soriano is arbitration eligible after this year so he's going to be making quite a bit more next year.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby uucrook3d » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:25 pm

ok well this isnt fun anymore. after spending about an hour looking for possible suitors for manny. that contract is impossible. mathias.... sorry man, youre trumped. he might get traded but it is gonna be hard as all get out.
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nuggets » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:09 pm

Manny being Manny
Jul 27 - According to the Providence Journal, Sports Illustrated reports that Manny Ramirez wants to leave Boston and has asked to be traded, citing in particular a desire to have more off-the-field privacy. A trade is unlikely since Ramirez still has more than three years remaining on his contract and makes an average of $20 million a season. Unless he is willing to eat at least half of the money, the Red Sox have little chance of moving him.

Manager Terry Francona disavowed any knowledge of Ramirez's reported request -- the third time in four years the slugger has made such a request. "I'm at a loss at that one," Francona told the newspaper. "I didn't see it, didn't know it, didn't hear it. You (media) guys have fun with it. It will have legs for a few days."
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers