Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:50 pm

Box wrote:
daullaz wrote:U of Texas.

10 wins, 2nd in Big XII, Holiday Bowl victory.

Wow, I think you're the only UT fan I've met who doesn't think you guys are going to the Rose Bowl. Scared of OU? ;-D

Just realistic. Lost two of the best players in the nation, one of offense and one on defense. While Vince Young is outstanding, I doubt he can do it alone. Our receivers are, at best, unproven, and we only have Selvin and Romance to take the place of Cedric. We have monsters on both lines, and I think that will help the offense immensly by opening holes and the defense a great deal by pressuring the QB. If AD hadn't ran to OU after committing to UT, we would be in the driver's seat this year. As it is, Oklahoma will still be tough, and A&M deserves to be included in the discussion.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:07 pm

daullaz wrote:
Box wrote:

Wow, I think you're the only UT fan I've met who doesn't think you guys are going to the Rose Bowl. Scared of OU? ;-D

Just realistic. Lost two of the best players in the nation, one of offense and one on defense. While Vince Young is outstanding, I doubt he can do it alone. Our receivers are, at best, unproven, and we only have Selvin and Romance to take the place of Cedric. We have monsters on both lines, and I think that will help the offense immensly by opening holes and the defense a great deal by pressuring the QB. If AD hadn't ran to OU after committing to UT, we would be in the driver's seat this year. As it is, Oklahoma will still be tough, and A&M deserves to be included in the discussion.

When did AD commit to UT? During his Jr. year? I am pretty sure he never commited anywhere other than OU. I know he took a strong look at USC.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:51 pm

Since I'm going to attending UCSB, I don't have a football team (although we do have one of the best soccer teams and a good baseball team). Therefore, I will root for the closest UC school with a 1A team: UCLA. I think 6-7 wins is the mainstream belief...I don't think they'll do anything special, USC really makes recruiting tough on the Bruins.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby daullaz » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:27 am

Phatferd wrote:
daullaz wrote:
Box wrote:

When did AD commit to UT? During his Jr. year? I am pretty sure he never commited anywhere other than OU. I know he took a strong look at USC.

My mistake. I mixed him up with that QB that jumped ship. He had never actually committed to UT, you're right.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:52 am

Pablo975 wrote:Roll Tide Roll......and if we roll to more than 5 wins, I'll be shocked. :~(

Alabama should be decent actually, right now I'd project 7 wins but anywhere in the 6-8 range seems realistic. Croyle returns at QB and Darby is a great RB.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby warrick95 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:44 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
Box wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:my college football team is ???? who else the Heels...... i am hopeful for a 6-7 win season considering we have one of the 10 toughest schedules in football this year....

You guys did great with the toughest sched in the country last season...but most of those wins were solely on Durant's shoulders. Who do you have coming up to take over?

Brad Baker,,,, a 6 foot 3 inch, 220 lb... senoir should be the starter this year,,,, he played a little last year in the virginia game and looked impressive... he throws a great deep ball, and is beloved by his teammates....

Cameron Sexton is the freshman QB that will probably take over in 2006 from baker... he was a top 5 recruit at the QB position this past year,, he has ankle surgery this past March, but is looking very competitive so far during summer practice,,,even though he is not 100% healed from the broken ankle.....

now neither of these will replace what durant brought us,,, but both should be competent enough to keep us in the game,, and hope our defense and running game and kicking game can win the game for us....

I don't think Cam Sexton was top 5, but he was up there. Watch out for Calvin Darity...y'all stole him right out of our backyard. He was the #1 rated guard of the 2004 recruiting class and can flat out MAUL.

My team is the Florida State Seminoles. I've loved them ever since I was a little kid (I chose by the uniform, lol), and have stayed with them since. I am a diehard. To be honest, I do not care how my teams do in any other sport than the Noles (NFL, MLB, whatever).

Anyway, we've having another fine offseason, eh? Let's list some of what's happened:
DT Clifton Dickson (was a supposed breakout candidate) is academically ineligible
DT Callahan Bright, top recruit, is academically ineligible, though that was pretty much expected
QB Wyatt Sexton heads up to a drug festival. He returns and gets arrested after answering to a policeman that he was "God" and "God's son." He has Lyme Disease and is out for the year. Don't know if Lyme was related to his insanity. Wyatt is out for the year, which is actually good for FSU football although I wish nothing but the best for Wyatt and am sad to see this happen to a nice guy.
LB AJ Nicholson was arrested
LB Ernie Sims, our best player, was arrested for domestic battery and has been suspended indefinitely

All in a run of the mill summer of FSU football. And we have such proud graduates like the Seabass.

And I think SC will repeat.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:58 pm

warrick95 wrote:
I don't think Cam Sexton was top 5, but he was up there. .

depends on which recruiting expert you listen to ;-D ;-D ;-D

i think he was listed as #5 by one,,, and #8 by another..... so all in all not bad by the heels getting him.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jzfran » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:16 pm

UConn. Should go 5-6 or so. They lost a great QB and 2 great LB. This is a bit of a rebuilding year, but they should still be decent.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:44 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
warrick95 wrote:
I don't think Cam Sexton was top 5, but he was up there. .

depends on which recruiting expert you listen to ;-D ;-D ;-D

i think he was listed as #5 by one,,, and #8 by another..... so all in all not bad by the heels getting him.....

Yeah, he was #8 Dual Threat QB by Rivals...I know we were taking a look at him, but he obviously preferred a starting shot at Carolina.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk